Solve Percentage Math Problems with Expert Homework Help | Aprao

• Thread starter aprao
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the problem states that two numbers are 15% and 25% more than a third number. The question is asking for the percentage of the first number with respect to the second number. By assigning the numbers as x, y, and z and using the given equations, we can determine that the first number is 92% of the second number. There was a mistake in the initial calculation, but it was corrected in the following comments. The correct answer is 92%.
aprao
Hai Expert
I am confused to solve the maths problem as follows . Please help.
Question:
Two numbers are respectively 15% and 25% more than a third number. What percent is the first of the second ?

Thanks and Regards
aprao

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hint:

Call the numbers x,y and z.

You're given that:
x=0.15z
y=0.25z

Hmm. Isn't it,
x=1.15z
y=1.25z :confused:

And then:
1.15z/1.25z=1.15/1.25=0.92=92%

?

Last edited:
danne89 said:
Hmm. Isn't it,
x=1.15z
y=1.25z :confused:

And then:
1.15z/1.25z=1.15/1.25=0.92=92%

?

This is correct. Galileo, please read the question carefully.

Pardon me curious! But where exactly was Galileo wrong?

-- AI

Assuming that z is the "third number" referenced in the first post, saying that x = 0,15z implies that x is 85% smaller than z...

OOPS!
I thought danne and galileo gave the same thing ?
My mistake ... should read before the dots carefully ...
Sincere apologies curious!

-- AI

1. What is percentage?

Percentage is a way of expressing a portion or fraction of a whole number as a number out of 100. It is often denoted by the symbol "%".

2. How do I calculate percentage?

To calculate a percentage, divide the part by the whole and multiply by 100. For example, if you want to find 25% of 80, you would divide 25 by 100 and then multiply by 80, giving you a result of 20.

3. What are some real-life applications of percentages?

Percentages are used in many different fields, including finance, statistics, and science. Some common examples of real-life applications of percentages include calculating discounts, analyzing data, and determining success rates.

4. How can percentages be used in homework help?

Percentages can be used in various homework assignments, such as calculating grades, solving word problems, and analyzing data. They can also be used to demonstrate understanding of mathematical concepts and as a tool for problem-solving.

5. What are some tips for understanding percentages?

To better understand percentages, it can be helpful to practice converting between percentages, fractions, and decimals. It is also important to understand the relationship between percentages and the concept of "out of 100". Additionally, visual aids, such as diagrams and charts, can be useful in understanding percentages.