Perimeter Scholar International 2021 Admissions

In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of not receiving any updates or feedback from the PSI masters program after applying. The speaker is expecting a rejection due to not being interviewed, but is annoyed by the lack of closure. The expert suggests that universities often take a long time to respond to applicants and provides some tips for checking in on the application status. They also recommend reaching out to current students for insight on the process.
eigentej
Hi,
I applied for the PSI masters program, but haven't heard back from them at all. My application status still says "in review". Anyone else in the same situation?
I'm expecting a rejection, especially since I haven't been interviewed. But having no closure and feedback in such a long time is a bit annoying!

Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you're feeling a bit frustrated with the lack of communication from the PSI masters program. I understand how that can be really difficult and disheartening. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for universities to take a long time to get back to applicants. It may be that they are just overwhelmed with applications and don't have the resources to respond quickly.That said, there are a few things you can do. You can try reaching out to the admissions office or program coordinator to check in on your status. You may also want to consider reaching out to current students in the program to ask about their experience and what the process was like for them. It can be helpful to hear from someone who has gone through the same process.Best of luck!

1. What is Perimeter Scholar International (PSI) 2021 Admissions?

Perimeter Scholar International (PSI) is a one-year master's program in theoretical physics at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Canada. The 2021 admissions cycle is open to students from around the world who have completed an undergraduate degree in physics or a related field.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for PSI 2021 Admissions?

To be eligible for PSI 2021 Admissions, applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in physics or a related field by August 2021. They must also have a strong academic record and demonstrate a passion for theoretical physics. Non-native English speakers must also provide proof of English proficiency.

3. How do I apply for PSI 2021 Admissions?

To apply for PSI 2021 Admissions, applicants must submit an online application form, along with their academic transcripts, CV, personal statement, and letters of recommendation. Non-native English speakers must also submit proof of English proficiency. The application deadline is typically in February each year.

4. What is the selection process for PSI 2021 Admissions?

The selection process for PSI 2021 Admissions is highly competitive. Applications are reviewed by a committee of Perimeter Institute faculty and staff, who consider academic achievements, research experience, letters of recommendation, and personal statements. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.

5. What are the benefits of joining PSI 2021?

PSI 2021 offers a unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in theoretical physics research at one of the world's leading institutes. Students will receive a full scholarship, including tuition, accommodation, and a living stipend. They will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to collaborate with top researchers in the field.