Help with Periodic Table Game Project

In summary, the conversation is about a Science project that involves a mystery game. The project revolves around a top secret military installation called Area-94 and a missing element that is crucial to the success of a project called The Black Project. The goal is to use clues to figure out what the element is, and the conversation also includes ideas for different categories of questions. The final question asks for the element's identity, which is Plutonium. The speaker also requests suggestions for the project.
actingbiz1
Project Help

I have a Science project due. I am a little gridlocked...
I would like to incorporate a mystery type game to this. What I have is the board and rules, but I need questions. 4 sets.

Story (For those who have completed GTA: San Andreas, you may recognize some of the scenarios):
In the vast deserts of Nevada, lies a top secret, government funded, military installation, that "doesn't exist." The installation goes by the code name Area-94

One day, an armed group parachuted in the area and snuck down to the testing chambers of the military installation where the scientists were working on a project code-named, The Black Project. This base housed a wide range of elements needed to make the Black Project succeed. The armed groups stole the key element to making this project work. Unfortunatly, the element is very leathal.

You must use clues given to figure out what element it was.

I have an idea of 4 categorys. If anyone can come up with better ones, please let me know!

Periodic Table CLues
Element Clues
Compounds and Formulas
Families and Groups

The Prize Question:
Use your knowledge of the Periodic Table to answer the following question.

The Mystery Element, is radioactive. It is located in Period 7.
This element has 94 protons.
What element is it?

Answer: Plutonium

The cards can have both question and anser on it:
|----------------------------|
|Question: Bla blobs bla bla? |
|----------------------------|
|Answer: BLOBBYBLA! |
|_________________________|

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No body? Please I would like some suggestions

Hi there,

I would be happy to help you with your Periodic Table game project. It sounds like you have a great concept and just need some help with the questions. I suggest starting by brainstorming some ideas for each category and then narrowing down the best ones. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

Periodic Table Clues:
1. This element is named after a Greek god known for his speed.
2. It is the lightest element on the periodic table.
3. This element is used in fluorescent lights.
4. It has the atomic number 8.
5. This element is a gas at room temperature.

Element Clues:
1. This element is used in batteries.
2. It is the second most abundant element in the Earth's crust.
3. This element is commonly found in table salt.
4. It is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature.
5. This element is used to make jewelry and electronics.

Compounds and Formulas:
1. What is the chemical formula for water?
2. This compound is used in fertilizer and explosives.
3. What is the chemical formula for table sugar?
4. This compound is commonly found in antacids.
5. What is the chemical formula for carbon dioxide?

Families and Groups:
1. This group is known as the "noble gases."
2. What is the name of the family that contains elements with similar properties to calcium?
3. This group is highly reactive and includes elements like fluorine and chlorine.
4. What is the name of the family that contains elements with similar properties to iron?
5. This group is known for having elements with both metallic and non-metallic properties.

I hope these ideas help get you started. Remember to make the questions challenging but not too difficult. Good luck with your project!

1. What is the purpose of the Periodic Table Game Project?

The purpose of the Periodic Table Game Project is to create a fun and interactive way for students to learn about the elements and their properties on the periodic table.

2. How does the game work?

The game is designed to have players match elements to their correct positions on the periodic table. Each round, players will be given a clue about an element and must use their knowledge of the periodic table to correctly identify and place it on the table.

3. Is there a specific target audience for this game?

The game is primarily designed for students in middle school or high school who are learning about the periodic table in science class. However, anyone who is interested in learning more about the elements and their properties can also enjoy the game.

4. Are there any resources available to help with creating the game?

Yes, there are many resources available online such as interactive periodic tables, educational videos, and websites that provide information on the elements. These can be useful for creating the game and ensuring accuracy.

5. Can the game be customized or modified for different levels of difficulty?

Yes, the game can be customized or modified to fit different levels of difficulty. This can include changing the number of elements used in the game, increasing the level of complexity in the clues, or even adding different game modes to make it more challenging for advanced players.