Building a Smartphone Periscope: Tips and Tricks for Optimal Focal Depth

• Thread starter DoHe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Smartphone
In summary, the individual is seeking help in building a periscope with lenses for a Smartphone. They are aware that the Smartphone camera has a focal depth of approximately 4mm and do not want a vignette effect. They are requesting assistance with setting the specifications of the lenses. A recommended resource for building a periscope with mirrors and lenses is provided.
DoHe
11.jpg

Homework Statement

I would like to built a periscope with lenses for a Smartphone. I know that the Smartphone camera has approximatley 4mm of focal depth. I don't want a vignette effect.

Homework Equations

Unfortunatley I do not know how to set the specifications of the lenses. Can someone help me please ??

Physics news on Phys.org
DoHe said:
View attachment 88087

Homework Statement

I would like to built a periscope with lenses for a Smartphone. I know that the Smartphone camera has approximatley 4mm of focal depth. I don't want a vignette effect.

Homework Equations

Unfortunatley I do not know how to set the specifications of the lenses. Can someone help me please ??

Welcome to the PF.

I did a Google search on how to build a periscope with mirrors and lenses, and got lots of great hits. One of the first on the hit list is a NASA web page with an Educational tutorial on how to build a periscope:

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/topnav/materials/listbytype/Making_a_Periscope.html

Check that page out, and do the Google search to find other hits. Let us know what you find! :smile:

What is Periscope for Smartphone?

Periscope for Smartphone is a live streaming app that allows users to broadcast and watch live videos from their smartphones.

How does Periscope for Smartphone work?

To use Periscope for Smartphone, users must first download the app and create an account. They can then start a live stream by tapping the camera icon and selecting "Go Live." Viewers can join the live stream by clicking on the broadcast link shared by the broadcaster.

Is Periscope for Smartphone free to use?

Yes, Periscope for Smartphone is free to download and use. However, users may incur data charges from their mobile service provider if they are not connected to Wi-Fi while using the app.

Can I save my broadcasts on Periscope for Smartphone?

Yes, Periscope for Smartphone allows users to save their broadcasts for 24 hours after the live stream ends. After 24 hours, the broadcast will automatically be deleted.

Is it safe to use Periscope for Smartphone?

Periscope for Smartphone has implemented various safety measures, such as the ability to block and report users, to ensure a safe and positive experience for all users. However, as with any social media platform, it is important for users to use the app responsibly and be aware of their surroundings when live streaming.