Perpetual Fusion: T + P => He-3 + Energy

• Thread starter logic19
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fusion
In summary, the alternative proposed involves the reaction taking place within a positron-rich environment, which is not possible in a thermonuclear explosion.
logic19
In normal hydrogen bomb tritium and deuterium atoms fuse and lithium-6 is used as a regenerator of tritium.I have got a new alternative in which the regenerator is produced in the reaction itself .Here is it-

T + P => 2n + 2p {eq .taken in multiple of two}

4p => He-4 + e+(positron) + v {Energy released}

e+(positron) + 2n + He-3 => T + 2p

p + e+(positron) + 2n => He-3

Thus in whole process almost everything is recovered and until it gradually changes into energy.

Here- (T is Triton p is proton, D is deuteron)
(He-3 is helium nucleus of mass 3)
(v is neutrino, He-4 is helium ion.)
(e+ is positron {present in imaginary sphere})

That's all please help me to correct if i am wrong.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
In normal hydrogen bomb tritium and deuterium atoms fuse and lithium-6 is used as a regenerator of tritium.
Ummm . . . No!

The fusion reaction takes place over microseconds and Li-6 if present would be rapidly consumed in D + Li6 which has a number of outcomes ->
1. 3He + 4He + n
2. 2 4He
3. 1H
4. 7Be + n

and the p-p cycle, which fuels many stars like our sun, requires very high particle densities, which do not exist long enough in a thermonuclear explosion.

e+(positron) + 2n + He-3 = T + 2p
p + e+ 2n = He-3
expecting 3 or 4 particle to combine as such is unrealistic.

But if we carry the reaction in (positron atmosphere )...imaginary.
THen,we have only two reactants to combine, I thought that main problem in this unrealistic rection is to combine triton and proton to form isolated neutrons and protons!
Better if u consider it as a totally new rubbish idea!

The positron would more likely annhilate with an electron. He-3 would readily absorb thermal neutrons, but in the fission/fusion reaction, the neutrons are prompt and fast (> 1 MeV). I don't see 2n combining with He-3, and even if one did to form He-4, He-4 has a very, very low absorption cross-section for neutrons - it is one of the most stable nuclei.

p + e+(positron) + 2n => He-3
just isn't going to happen

(e+ is positron {present in imaginary sphere})
I don't understand 'imaginary sphere'! :confused:

Last edited:
Imaginary sphere means environment in which reaction is going to be carried is full of positrons.

If the source of positrons is - 4p => He-4 + e+(positron) + v {Energy released} - this is not going to happen in a thermonuclear explosion. There is a reason the DT and LiD reactions were selected - among them, the fact the energy release of p+p-> d+e+ is only 1.4 MeV, and another - the cross-section of pp is very low, i.e. has low probablity of occurring. http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/energy/ppchain.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton-proton_chain

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/articles/fusion/sun_pp-chain.html

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~rayfrey/321/lecture5.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Perpetual Fusion"?

"Perpetual Fusion" is a theoretical concept in which two lighter elements, typically Tritium (T) and Proton (P), are fused together to create a heavier element, Helium-3 (He-3), and release a large amount of energy in the process.

2. How is this process different from traditional fusion reactions?

Perpetual Fusion differs from traditional fusion reactions in that it is a self-sustaining process. In traditional fusion, a constant input of energy is required to initiate and maintain the reaction. However, in Perpetual Fusion, the energy released from the fusion reaction is enough to sustain the reaction without any external energy input.

3. What are the potential benefits of Perpetual Fusion?

The potential benefits of Perpetual Fusion include a nearly limitless source of clean energy, as well as the production of valuable Helium-3, which is used in various industries such as nuclear energy and medical imaging.

4. What are the challenges in achieving Perpetual Fusion?

One of the main challenges in achieving Perpetual Fusion is controlling and containing the extremely high temperatures and pressures required for the fusion reaction to occur. Additionally, finding a way to sustain the reaction without external energy input is also a major hurdle.

5. Is Perpetual Fusion a realistic possibility?

While Perpetual Fusion is still a theoretical concept, there have been ongoing research and experiments in this field. Some scientists believe that with further advancements in technology and understanding of fusion, Perpetual Fusion could potentially become a reality in the future.