1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Perpetual magnetic generator

1. Sep 17, 2009 #1
    please help me with this problem... i'm sure someone on here has put this idea in there head on how perpetual magnetic generator would work so i don't need to explain. I have made one and I am making energy LOTS but and trying to figure out the best way to store it.

Ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2009 #2
  4. Sep 17, 2009 #3
    Well, I thought about it and I can't think of a way to get a perpetual generator to work. But if you have one that makes energy lots then snap, could you share your secrets?

As for storage you could store it in a large rechargeable battery... they can be expensive however.

EDIT: Perhaps one day we can have an off topic forum!
    EDIT2: Well, obviously they don't work, but it's funny none the less.

5. Sep 17, 2009 #4
    They can't work and they don't work. That is why there aren't any.

Posts on perpetual motion machines are not permitted on this forum.

This thread should be locked.

Thanks
    Matt

6. Sep 17, 2009 #5
    its general physics and its working right now no BS... i'm looking for the best way to store the energy. think outside the box not from the textbooks... capacitors!

i will go somewhere else for answers if knowone here can help give me your ideas

7. Sep 17, 2009 #6
    Whatever you think you have done, you have not created a perpertual motion machine. You have not created free energy.

There has to be some crackpot forums on free energy, google them. The laws of physics apply on these forums.

Thanks for playing and with a thread title like this.

IBTL.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  8. Sep 17, 2009 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

If you are generating energy, store it in a battery, a flywheel, a pumped-storage system, or a capacitor bank.

Regardless, these guys are right about perpetual motion and our policy toward it. We won't indulge/condone crackpottery here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook