Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Perpetual Motion History

1. Apr 18, 2004 #1
    its odd how many years have passed, but no one has accomplished it truly.

a perpetual motion machine is suppose to run forever.(Untill the Galaxy Collapses.)

i mean even if it wouldent be perpetual, it would last a good while like 7 to 10 decades of you family's tree like 300-500 years.

just untill something comes to an end, its consider perpetual, like a closing galaxy.

if i die 89 years from now and my machine is still running its perpetual motion my point of view.

i mean it would be kinda odd to see something run for 8+ billion years and probly get laughed at by martians....because we destroyed are selfs in the near future...

imagine if you could build a machine for 150$ cash and could run for 300-500 years that could be used to drive around the city, talk about a good engine!!!

plus you invest more money on a car repair then if you were to invest on a perpetual motion machine that would give more efficiency and talk about heck of a engine lifetime.

i guess that would be the Billion dollar question......

and no i wont show you mine perpetual motion plans......lmao

if i were to post world-wide, my idea about engine with an lifetime expectancy of 300-500 years without gas for just 150$ without pullition

how many would buy it ?

probly send all the motor company's broke, and the oil company's.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    this system is so corrupt is not even funny.....

you know what. all give you my plans....

and if you make it alive after the world-wide annoucement with the 4 billion dollars all let you have a share of :eek: 350,000,000$

so whos up for the challenge ? :wink:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    and i aint kidding... :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2004 #2
    hey man ill help ya out if i can, i myself have invented a PMM, ill have to decide wheather or not i would actually take the money in the end, but i would absolutely love to see the plans, u can send em to AdamChess4@aol.com or IM me @ AdamChess4. I posted an PMM idea in the clasical physics forrum, its under arsonade, honestly however, my PMM would run forever, but i wouldnt critisise a fellow imposible science junkie lol, good luck : )

4. Apr 29, 2004 #3
    Is the universe considered as a perpetual motion machine?

5. Apr 30, 2004 #4
    I don't think so, because according to science the universe will end some time in the not too...hmmmmmm....distant future.....hmmmm....

6. Apr 30, 2004 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Not any more odd than our inability to travel faster than the speed of light, travel back in time, or find the Loch Ness monster....

7. Apr 30, 2004 #6

Njorl

Science Advisor

Yes, but when the universe ends, time also ends. So, the universe is in motion for all time.

Njorl

8. Apr 30, 2004 #7
    maybe time doesn't so much end but maybe stops would be a another way of looking.....ha

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?