Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Personal Album of President Clinton's arrival!

1. Nov 16, 2004 #1
    He visited our school today, and here are some pictures i took:

http://www.hinst.net/~tom/album/clinton/

Enjoy,
    :cool:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Great photos Prudens!

4. Nov 20, 2004 #3
    thank you mam.

5. Nov 20, 2004 #4
    Wow you have a really big high school. My high school is probably as big as one of your calssrooms lol.

6. Nov 26, 2004 #5
    yea our highschool is the biggest one of its kind in the nation. and it is the only highschool in america classified as a historical site.

7. Nov 26, 2004 #6
    Ooo nice!
    I wish somone cool had visited my highschool when I went there. *thinking...* Nope, no one.

8. Nov 26, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did you notice how clever they were with the advertisers? You could tell there's absolutely no angle you could photograph someone standing at the podium from that wouldn't include the advertisements on the banners hanging behind there.

And you even got photos of the Secret Service dudes. They just always look so silly with suits and sunglasses and earpieces.

9. Nov 26, 2004 #8
    I beg to differ. http://www.hinst.net/~tom/album/clinton/CIMG0138.jpg

10. Nov 26, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

11. Nov 26, 2004 #10
    lolololol.
    Evo, can I call you ma'am?

12. Nov 26, 2004 #11

I don't know, but he doesn't seem to be paying attention.

13. Nov 26, 2004 #12
    Damnit, the girls at my school arn't as pretty as the girls at your school.
    and what is City Year?

14. Nov 26, 2004 #13
    City year is a misnomer for a Federal Funding on scholarships for young adults who commit themselves one year to K-12 teaching and in return they receive some relief on their college tuition. So, on this occasion, President Clinton swores in the new City Year members.

15. Nov 26, 2004 #14
    William J Clinton visited us two time publicly but he was not the only one...

Oprah Winfrey visited... but was in late evening, when all student body are out of school.

Jessie Jackson visited,... though was not a ceremonial visit. I certainly did not get to see him in person.

16. Nov 26, 2004 #15
    Due to security purposes, only Seniors, Band members, and Foreign exchange students were permitted to come out to the front lawn and watch the ceremony. Many people like me were eager to see President Clinton. Luckily, I got in the action, I told them I was Foreign Exchange :p

So as for the rest, they wander out the window as far as they can to hear and see what this Clinton Legacy is all about.

17. Nov 26, 2004 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, for security, you can't go outside where they can watch you, but you can stand in the window right behind the podium, and that's secure? :bugeye:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?