How can I set a custom title on my profile?

• Thread starter Beren
  • Start date
In summary, to obtain a custom title under your name, you can either increase your post count or reach 100 posts and assign your own custom title. However, posts in the General Discussion forum do not count towards your post count.
Beren
I havn't seen this around anywhere, so I decided to ask. How do you get the custom title under your name? I've seen Radio Wave around a lot, so I thought it might be by post count.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Beren
I havn't seen this around anywhere, so I decided to ask. How do you get the custom title under your name? I've seen Radio Wave around a lot, so I thought it might be by post count.
Yep...the higher your post count, the higher the frequecy.

You can also assign a custom title when you have 100 posts. Also, General Discussion posts don't tally for post count.

1. What is a personal title?

A personal title is a word or phrase that is used to address or refer to someone in a formal or respectful manner. It is typically placed before a person's name and can indicate their social status, profession, or honorific.

2. How is a personal title different from a custom status?

A personal title is a fixed form of address that is typically used in formal settings, while a custom status is a unique or personalized phrase that can be used to describe oneself in various contexts, such as on social media profiles or in professional bios.

3. What are some examples of personal titles?

Some examples of personal titles include Mr., Mrs., Dr., Sir, Madam, Professor, and Reverend. These titles can vary depending on cultural norms and traditions.

4. Can personal titles be changed or modified?

Yes, personal titles can be changed or modified depending on an individual's preference or circumstance. For example, someone may change their personal title from Miss to Mrs. after getting married, or a person may request to be addressed by a different title that better reflects their profession or status.

5. Is it necessary to use personal titles in all situations?

No, it is not always necessary to use personal titles. In more casual or informal situations, it may be more appropriate to address someone by their first name or a title they prefer. However, in certain formal settings, such as business meetings or ceremonies, using personal titles can show respect and professionalism.