Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems

• Thread starter alanzhu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Qft
I can help you.In summary, a person is seeking help with solving problems from Peskin and Schroeder's book, particularly for the final project on the decays of the Higgs particle. Another person offers to help with the specific question about the decay width of the Higgs into two photons.
alanzhu
Hi, I'm trying to work out the problems on peskin's book. Does anyone know that where I can find the solutions to them? It is really hard to do it all by myself.
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
alanzhu said:
Hi, I'm trying to work out the problems on peskin's book. Does anyone know that where I can find the solutions to them? It is really hard to do it all by myself.
Thanks!

I've never heard of someone solving the problems from Peskin & Schroeder for a general interest (and posting the solutions on the internet,free for download),but if u have certain trouble with the problems from that book,feel free to post them on PF.I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to help you.

Daniel.

EDIT:I meant Marlon can help u. :rofl:

Last edited:
if you have any QFT-questions, please let me know...WE REALLY DIG QFT...

regards
marlon

Hi there, I am looking for the solution of the final project in Peskin and Schroeder about the decays of the Higgs. Could someone help me? (The questions on the decay width of the Higgs into two photons are particularly important). Thanks,
B

I have worked out the problem for higgs decay.

1. What is "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems"?

"Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" is a comprehensive guide that provides solutions to the problems presented in the textbook "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory" by Michael E. Peskin and Daniel V. Schroeder. It is a valuable resource for students and researchers studying quantum field theory.

2. Who wrote "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems"?

"Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" was written by David A. Prisbey, a physicist and professor at the United States Naval Academy. He has many years of experience teaching and researching in the field of quantum field theory.

3. Is "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" suitable for beginners?

No, "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" is not suitable for beginners. It is intended for students and researchers who already have a solid understanding of quantum field theory and are looking for detailed solutions to the problems presented in the textbook.

4. What topics are covered in "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems"?

"Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" covers a wide range of topics in quantum field theory, including relativistic wave equations, Feynman diagrams, renormalization, and symmetries. It also includes solutions to problems in various chapters, such as the Dirac equation, quantum electrodynamics, and the Standard Model.

5. Is "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" a necessary supplement to the textbook?

No, "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" is not a necessary supplement to the textbook. The textbook itself is a comprehensive and well-written resource for studying quantum field theory. However, "Peskin's QFT Book: Solutions to Problems" can be a helpful supplement for those looking for additional practice problems and detailed solutions.