Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pet, pet names and songs

1. Oct 4, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you have pet names for you pets? This is something Tsu and I started doing years ago and it just stuck. Now our oldest pet, a nearly 15 year old orange Tabby named Einstein, also responds to little tike [big purr!!!], little sh't, little buddy, little pal, little butt, Einey, Einenysteiney, buddy, and about half a dozen more.

And here is our really dirty secret: Some of our pet gets their own song.

For example, this was the song for our beloved and departed Mr. Dirt; sung to the tune of the Grinch song from Dr. Seuss

You're a sleezebag Mr. Dirt
    and you really are a terd
    you are fat and you are lazy
    and you simply drive me crazy
    Mr. Diirrrrrrrrrerrrrrt!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2005 #2

Gold Member

My 3 of my guinea pigs I adopted. They were already named Hazelnut, Hermione and Chestnut. Thanks to my brother, they have now adopted the nicknames Onion, Horse and Bum-eyes.
    Any contorted variation on their original or new names, or on "guinea pig" is also acceptable.
  4. Oct 4, 2005 #3
    {dog}Foxy Lady.... FOX-Z Babah, Fox-a-rue, wiggle butt and Miss licker-kisser.

You know shes a sweet little heart breaker{foxy lady}
    I know shes a sweet little lick maker {foxy lady}
    She wants to chew a bone{oh yea} she won't do it no wrong
    I GOT to get that tongue{its mine} awwwwww Foxy lady.

Cat}Mister Thadious VonPoof.... Mister Love
    Who enjoys various renditions of..I'm just a love machine. {and I dont hump on nobody but you}

{cat} Moonshadow...moonie or sum-young moonie
    Cat Steven's Moonshadow, with miner changes...if you ever loose your wiskers, I won't laugh and I won't snicker
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?