Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PETA ruins another person's life

1. Jan 1, 2006 #1

Mk

Yeah.......... :uhh: :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Got a link for that?

4. Jan 1, 2006 #3
  5. Jan 1, 2006 #4

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Umm...I think it's really his business what he changed his name to. If he wants to look ridiculous it's his business. No evidence of coercion here.

6. Jan 1, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I don't recall anyone saying he shoudln't be allowed to. If he wants to look stupid, so be it.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Jan 1, 2006 #6

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Agreed.

And this bit is extraneous and expressly done for the purpose of lengthening my otherwise overly short post to meet the stringent inflexible requirements of the post length Nazi.

8. Jan 1, 2006 #7
    That can't be good for his checking account when someone writing him a check the bank might get mixed as a donation to the website.

9. Jan 1, 2006 #8
    Someone give him the darwin award for stupidity. He should not be allowed to breed.

10. Jan 1, 2006 #9
    Who would want to be friends with him now? You can't just say, "Hey, kentuckyfriedcruelty.com, what's up?"

11. Jan 1, 2006 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

people that stupid never end up with any money, let alone enough for a checking account ($5)

12. Jan 1, 2006 #11

Mk

13. Jan 1, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Ugh, impressionable kids.... shouldn't PETA be charged with cruelty to impressionable children? :)

14. Jan 1, 2006 #13
    They should charge with illegally existing

15. Jan 1, 2006 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tank you. That is a truly bizarre story. I care about many of the same issues as PETA, but they continually tick me off with these weird stunts. Last month it was the "Your Daddy Kills Animals" comic book, which was so outrageous I thought it had to be a hoax. All they succeed in doing is making themselves look like a bunch of nuts, and ultimately alienate people who might be sympathetic to their causes.

Here's that comic book, BTW:
    http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-newcomic.asp

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  16. Jan 1, 2006 #15
    PETA is full of crackpots MIH. Someone should start an animal rights watch group who aren't looney. They have crap posted like, "fish have feelings"..... I guess we should put them in therapy along with the crackpots in PETA.

They have a site against killing lobsters too. I wish they saw an episode of this cooking show on PBS. It’s an Italian woman, whose son is a wine taster. She makes all these great dishes. One time she was cooking lobster. She cut off his arms with scissors while it was still alive. Then she dunked him in a boiling pot of hot water. All I can say is, delicious!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  17. Jan 1, 2006 #16
    There's no reason for animals to suffer unnecessarily when they are raised and eventually killed for food. Just because the Peta people are ridiculous doesn't mean we should drop any concern for how the animals are treated. Farmers do some pretty horrendous things.

18. Jan 2, 2006 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Perhaps you've never heard a group of crabs screaming in pain when you throw them into a pot of boiling water. It was horrible, it's something that I never want to hear again.

The problemwith PETA is that they don't keep out the nuts. Bringing awareness of animal cruelty to the public is good, psycho raids and attacks is not.

19. Jan 2, 2006 #18
    I agree zooby. I was just showing some of the outlandish things PETA does, makes them look like fools. That’s why I said its time for a new organization of people with some sense, not fundamentalists.

Its ok EVO, the sound you make, MMMMMMMMMMMM eating them, makes it worth it! Crabs are my favorite sea food! I could eat them 24-7! Maryland Crab cakes....yummy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  20. Jan 2, 2006 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I don't think anyone said they are dropping their concern for animals :rolleyes:

21. Jan 2, 2006 #20
    That's good, because if no one cared I might start kicking some penguin butt.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?