Are UFO Sightings Real? A Look at Peter Jennings' Investigative Program on ABC

• Thread starter mouseonmoon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, ABC's upcoming special, "Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs - Seeing is Believing," will explore the phenomenon of UFO sightings and the government's lack of investigation into them. Jennings, along with the executive producer, initially had reservations about the topic but have since conducted over 150 interviews with scientists, investigators, and witnesses. The special will cover several notable UFO cases, including the Minot Air Force Base sighting in 1968. While there are skeptics and "kooks" in the UFO community, Jennings believes that the public and government should take the issue more seriously. The program will air on February 24 and is expected to draw a large audience.
I was very dissapointed by the documentary. They decided, for whatever reason to do the story the way they did.

I personally believe that UFO's are real. Does that mean that little grey men are piloting any of them, of course not. As far as roswell goes, well I believe that "something" crashed out there. I lived in new mexico and I have traveled out to the site. Here are some possible theories.

1: Its all true. As spectacular as it sounds, an alien ship crashed on our planet and living/dead aliens were recovered. The technolgy was reversed engineered and that could explain the massive technology boom that has occurred over the last 50 years. We also have established treaties with exterrestrial goverments and have built alien bases on Earth and the moon.

2: This second one is slightly different from the first in one way, a craft was recovered but the crew died in the crash. We still recovered the ship but have been struggling to reverse engineer the technology. No contacts, No treaties, No bases.

3: A top secret program developed by defecting german scientists went wrong.

4: Believe what the airforce said. It was a balloon with a radar reflector designed tp pick up radiation from exploding russian a-bombs.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
I recently watched this again. I can't believe the scientists or so called "experts" who, in spite of hundreds of witnesses, claim that "we would have seen it on RADAR", so no UFO was seen. Clearly stealth planes don't exist either.
I see your logic: if we can fool radar, why couldn't they. This renders any dismissal on the basis of lack of radar confirmation lame.

However, you have used radar confirmation in the past to support your contention that there is something worth investigating out there. So now we're faced with UFOs that have an on/off switch to their stealth capabilities. Maybe. But it just makes the whole thing more byzantine.

I agree, now that I've looked up the defintion of byzantine.

I know that many people think this is a subject for nuts. But I swear, it is one of the most complicated problems that I know of. Of course the implications are staggering if even one event was a genuine ET, or ET-technology encounter. But even if not, it's still a poser.

To all,

You may find this aspect of the "UFO" phenomena seriously interesting:

http://www.nidsci.org/articles/8_25trireport.php

Maaneli

Last edited by a moderator:
eh Gads, acording to MUFON there swarming over my house! I wonder why so many in SW Michigan?
I look at the stars, sometime everynight for weeks on end, I've never seen anything out of place..ok..well one time I did, but it was in a different state.

hypatia said:
eh Gads, acording to MUFON there swarming over my house!

Well, I for one am not surprised. :approve:

Ivan Seeking said:
Well, I for one am not surprised. :approve:
Because? (Sorry I'm running very slow tonight.)

zoobyshoe said:
Because? (Sorry I'm running very slow tonight.)

Well, I like hypatia.

Ivan Seeking said:
Well, I like hypatia.
So, it sounds like what you're saying is that you took a look at her pic and had the same reaction I did, which is that she's kind of hot for being one of us in the old folks club, and that, as a grey space alien, you can understand your bretheren wanting a closer look?

Except that we don't call each other bretheren. We told that lunatic Adamski, that was his word, not ours. And from my point of view, hypatia is a spring chicken.

Ivan Seeking said:
Except that we don't call each other bretheren. We told that lunatic Adamski, that was his word, not ours.
I know what you mean. Most zoobies have never even heard the word "sasquatch, much less use it themselves.
And from my point of view, hypatia is a spring chicken.
That's what I said. I also noticed the interesting birthday. We should start an interesting birthday club.

zoobyshoe said:
That's what I said.

I know; I was just helping to make that clear. o:)

lol..just lol, cause now I'm thinking I should make aluminium lined curtins.

Last edited:
hypatia said:
lol..just lol, cause now I'm thinking I should make aluminium lined curtins.
As long as you can open them during the day. Otherwise people will think you're nutty.

I fear it may be late to reverse what people think of me. I saw one neighbor looking oddly at me, then I looked at myself. In my backyard, I was wearing M&M PJ's and dissecting deer lungs{looking for signs of TB} while talking to my dog like it was human. :redface:

hypatia said:
I fear it may be late to reverse what people think of me. I saw one neighbor looking oddly at me, then I looked at myself. In my backyard, I was wearing M&M PJ's and dissecting deer lungs{looking for signs of TB} while talking to my dog like it was human. :redface:
Yeah, in that case just glue the foil right to the window panes if you want.