Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Petri dish assistance

  1. Apr 12, 2009 #1


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    Hi, im trying to figure out where I can get a glass or Pyrex petri dish that has a tight seal or has a threaded lid. I'm holding a liquid that i don't want leaking out because it stains everything in its path. ferro-fluid.
    I've searched for petri dishes and found plenty, but none with a screw-on lid or a tight seal.

    what are these types of dishes called? any suggested sellers?

    Thanks a bunch

  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2009 #2
  4. Apr 13, 2009 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    You could try looking for an 'agar plate' (which is a petri dish with agar in it), since that's the most common use of petri dishes nowadays.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook