PF and IE Flash problems

• Thread starter Nucleonics
  • Start date
I'm sorry but physicforums really bothers me when I use internet explorer 6 to visit it because I get 2 Error messages asking if I want to download Flash 8 player (I always click NO) for every page that I click on.

I do not have the lastest service pack from Microsoft becuause I have a slow connection and the number of patches are just immense. Hence I have Active X off, which means the Flash content will NOT have been displayed anyway (so there is no point in me downloading the Flash 8 player).

I generally use FireFox so this is not much of an issue, but I thought the wonderful webmaster may be interested in this issue. If I may provide a suggestion, we could have an option in our control panel that prohibits Flash from being loaded in our pages.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Use the Prime skin instead of Nexus. Prime doesn't use flash. Just scroll down to the bottom of the screen and look for the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to switch from Nexus to Prime.

Moonbear said:
Use the Prime skin instead of Nexus. Prime doesn't use flash. Just scroll down to the bottom of the screen and look for the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen to switch from Nexus to Prime.
Ooops! I never even considered looking at anything below the last post in the page.

In that case webmaster, please feel free to ignore my above mentioned suggestion.

Thanks Moon!