PF Blog, are you in?

1. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

If PF started a science blog featuring news bits, commentary/opinions, articles, reviews, interesting links... would people be interesting in reading the blog and or being a blogger for it? For example anything in ZapperZ's journal could be a blog item. Just surveying for interest at this time.

2. jcsd
  3. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like it would be interesting. So, it would be one blog that everyone shared, right?

4. Greg Bernhardt

Right, but only staff and appointed members could post.

5. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, so if all you're looking for are people interested in reading, I'll certainly read if it's there. I might even be willing to write an article or two if invited and if there's a topic I could write on that would fit in with what you have in mind for the blog.

6. Greg Bernhardt

It's not so much articles as is ahort commentary, news and opinions. We could really use you in a biology category :smile: For example say you found out something neat or have commentary on a news item, that is something you can post. I suppose alot of what you post in your journals could be blog material for example.

Also for anyone, if your interested in being a blog author please let me know.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  7. Lisa!

Lisa! 991
    Gold Member

appointed members!?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  8. honestrosewater

honestrosewater 2,329
    Gold Member

If you build it, I will read.

Would bloggers be expected to write on a regular basis or could they just write whenever?

9. i think this is a great idea. i am certainly in.

marlon

10. dextercioby

dextercioby 12,318
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sounds rather intriguing,i must say...:wink: Too bad i can't write :cry:

Neither paint,nor sing...

Daniel.

11. Greg Bernhardt

Whenever you want within reason, I think atleast once a week is fair. It doesn't take that much to write a blog item. Alot of what is being written in the journals can be blog items for example. Again if you want to be a blogger let me know asap. The blog should be ready within a day or two.

12. Greg Bernhardt

13. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

14. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Greg is a man of action. :approve:

15. JamesU

JamesU 745
    Gold Member

:biggrin: exellent! now I have something to be mad about because I can't write! :biggrin:

16. Danger

Danger 9,878
    Gold Member

I didn't know what a 'blog' was until I looked at it, but I like it. Unfortunately, I have very little time to read. ZZ's article fascintated me for a few minutes, and then I had to stop. I'll definitely finish it when I can, and continue to check it out. As for helping out, I'm the opposite of Dex; I can write reasonably well, but don't know anything to write about. Maybe if we get together, we can be one contributor.

17. Lisa!

Lisa! 991
    Gold Member

That was great.I've just finished my registration.When I realized I couldn't choose my password at first,I was about to forget about it but luckily the password was short and easy :smile: (you can't believe it I still can't make my account active coz my password is too long and I always make a mistake when I want to type it :cry: )

18. JamesU

JamesU 745
    Gold Member

I'm confuzed :confused:

19. Lisa!

Lisa! 991
    Gold Member

go through the blog and register,so you may understand what I'm saying!but don't forget you'll be a n00b there!

20. JamesU

JamesU 745
    Gold Member

If I demonstrate n00bage on a blog, then that's okay.

how do you register anyway?

21. Lisa!

Lisa! 991
    Gold Member

come on!You know better than me :confused:
    go through the blog and on the right side of the page under "Meta",click Register...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?