PF Blog, are you in?

marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Greg Bernhardt said:
I promoted you to writer, I also sent you a PM.

great. that was easy. thanks Greg!
having a blog connected to PF featuring its excellent science staff in several disciplines
(and non-staff others) seems like a good idea. looking forward to seeing
how it turns out. I hope it turns out to be not only popular on the web
with lively discussions but also to an appropriate degree focused, factual, referenced. regardless, however, it'll likely be fun.

I check the blog regularly btw, I think it's a great idea.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Greg Bernhardt said:
Absolutely, the blog supports LaTeX too the same way on these forums.

I think LaTeX is broken on the blog
...for example, the last sentence in https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/09/26/58/ [Broken]

(I noticed this when I tried to use "[tex]\pi[/tex]" in the "Pi day" blog entry.)

Last edited by a moderator:
robphy said:
I think LaTeX is broken on the blog
...for example, the last sentence in https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/09/26/58/ [Broken]

(I noticed this when I tried to use "[tex]\pi[/tex]" in the "Pi day" blog entry.)

ok I'll look into it

Last edited:
Do you plan on including all the topics that are in PF, or just those directly related to science? I realize stuff like GD or PWA wouldn't work, but what about philosophy or social sciences?

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
It seems that I'm leaving my trail all over the 'net, sometime without knowing it.

Recently, someone brought to my attention that one of my posts here on PF became a blog entry:

http://pitofbabel.org/blog/?p=200 [Broken]

I certainly don't mind that at all since this person cited the source of the post. However, it would have been better if it appeared on our PF Blog itself. So Greg, my question here is, would you mind if some of our posts here on PF are copied to be a PF Blog entry? I can see a situation here where someone would ask why we would repeat the same thing that has appeared on PF itself.

But hey, if someone obviously thinks a post on PF can become a useful blog entry, then why not?

:)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
It seems that I'm leaving my trail all over the 'net, sometime without knowing it.

Recently, someone brought to my attention that one of my posts here on PF became a blog entry:

http://pitofbabel.org/blog/?p=200 [Broken]

I certainly don't mind that at all since this person cited the source of the post. However, it would have been better if it appeared on our PF Blog itself. So Greg, my question here is, would you mind if some of our posts here on PF are copied to be a PF Blog entry? I can see a situation here where someone would ask why we would repeat the same thing that has appeared on PF itself.

But hey, if someone obviously thinks a post on PF can become a useful blog entry, then why not?

:)

Zz.

wow, your a popular man zz! I certainly would not have a problem transfering some posts into blog entries.

Last edited:
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
By the way, the blog seems to have a little problem (3/29, 1:34pm EST).

addlatex(/var/www/physicsforums.com/htdocs/www/blog/latexrender/latex.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/physicsf/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/latexrender-plugin.php on line 12

Warning: addlatex(): Failed opening '/var/www/physicsforums.com/htdocs/www/blog/latexrender/latex.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/physicsf/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/latexrender-plugin.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: latex_content() in /home/physicsf/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/latexrender-plugin.php on line 13

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
PF Blog (thanks in most part to robphy) is now the #1 Google hit for search phrase=
physics blog.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
PF Blog (thanks in most part to robphy) is now the #1 Google hit for search phrase=
physics blog.
Luboš Motl's blog is #2. :biggrin:

Right, but only staff and appointed members could post.

nvm didn't see the date of this post.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
It seems that the PF Blog has a new look....
...although the I'm not sure I like "PF" instead of "PhysicsForums" in the graphical title.

One thing missing is the author-username of each blog-entry.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems that the PF Blog has a new look....
...although the I'm not sure I like "PF" instead of "PhysicsForums" in the graphical title.
Not particularly crazy about the new look.

One thing missing is the author-username of each blog-entry.
Yikes! That definitely needs fixing.