Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF blog suggestion

1. Nov 30, 2006 #1

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can (or 'should') we set it up so that anyone visiting the site can leave a comment rather than registered members only? And then perhaps reserve the registration feature to blog-contributors only. That way, we can have a hand-picked group of writers and we open up the discussions to everyone and hopefully generate some more excitement & traffic to the site.

Comments/discussions are key to the success of any blog and right now we have nothing there.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2006 #2
    Unfortunately blogging systems are heavily targeted by spammers. Physics Post has open commenting and it recieves hundreds of spam comments a week and gotten to the point where a couple years ago I stopped looking, so now none get approved.

4. Nov 30, 2006 #3
    There are of course excellent for fighting spam for a wordpress blog, including Akismet.

5. Nov 30, 2006 #4
    I've looked at that. Haven't updated to 2.0 which it requires. I'm nervous the latex hack won't work. Will continue to investigate.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook