Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF blog suggestion

1. Nov 30, 2006 #1

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can (or 'should') we set it up so that anyone visiting the site can leave a comment rather than registered members only? And then perhaps reserve the registration feature to blog-contributors only. That way, we can have a hand-picked group of writers and we open up the discussions to everyone and hopefully generate some more excitement & traffic to the site.

Comments/discussions are key to the success of any blog and right now we have nothing there.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2006 #2
    Unfortunately blogging systems are heavily targeted by spammers. Physics Post has open commenting and it recieves hundreds of spam comments a week and gotten to the point where a couple years ago I stopped looking, so now none get approved.

4. Nov 30, 2006 #3
    There are of course excellent for fighting spam for a wordpress blog, including Akismet.

5. Nov 30, 2006 #4
    I've looked at that. Haven't updated to 2.0 which it requires. I'm nervous the latex hack won't work. Will continue to investigate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?