PF blog suggestion

• Thread starter Phobos
  • Start date
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Can (or 'should') we set it up so that anyone visiting the site can leave a comment rather than registered members only? And then perhaps reserve the registration feature to blog-contributors only. That way, we can have a hand-picked group of writers and we open up the discussions to everyone and hopefully generate some more excitement & traffic to the site.

Comments/discussions are key to the success of any blog and right now we have nothing there.

Answers and Replies

Can (or 'should') we set it up so that anyone visiting the site can leave a comment rather than registered members only? And then perhaps reserve the registration feature to blog-contributors only. That way, we can have a hand-picked group of writers and we open up the discussions to everyone and hopefully generate some more excitement & traffic to the site.

Comments/discussions are key to the success of any blog and right now we have nothing there.

Unfortunately blogging systems are heavily targeted by spammers. Physics Post has open commenting and it recieves hundreds of spam comments a week and gotten to the point where a couple years ago I stopped looking, so now none get approved.

Unfortunately blogging systems are heavily targeted by spammers. Physics Post has open commenting and it recieves hundreds of spam comments a week and gotten to the point where a couple years ago I stopped looking, so now none get approved.

There are of course excellent for fighting spam for a wordpress blog, including Akismet.

There are of course excellent for fighting spam for a wordpress blog, including Akismet.

I've looked at that. Haven't updated to 2.0 which it requires. I'm nervous the latex hack won't work. Will continue to investigate.