PF Computer to Mobile Issues: Is It System or Connection?

• Thread starter The legend
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know how to change the browsing mode.I don't know if it is possible.I am using Safari as the browser and it is not happening now, but it worked fine before.
The legend
few minutes ago I clicked on a post and when the page loaded it was a PF mobile page ... i then refreshed it and it became a normal page...
This has happened to me quite a number of times..

So is this a problem in the system or is it just something wrong in my connection?

Physics news on Phys.org
How are you connecting to the internet?

If you are connecting via a mobile internet dongle then it will see you as on a mobile.

nope.. i have a broadband connection through a modem.

Off topic: I can't post a move on the chess forum using iphone... [another reason to hate my iphone :grumpy:]

the thing happened to me again...what's wrong?

drizzle said:
Off topic: I can't post a move on the chess forum using iphone... [another reason to hate my iphone :grumpy:]

you can't type in the move? the syntax is awfully simple :P

The legend said:
the thing happened to me again...what's wrong?

There could be many issues.

What browser are you using?

firefox, sometimes chrome

On my phone, I have an option to use mobile versions or standard web pages. I wondering if you have a setting/addon which is creating a glitch so it looks like you want the mobile version. Not sure. Shall Google it.

G037H3 said:
you can't type in the move? the syntax is awfully simple :P

I did type in the move, and a vbulletin message appeared: 'your submission couldn't be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you preformed before you received this error.'

drizzle said:
I did type in the move, and a vbulletin message appeared: 'your submission couldn't be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you preformed before you received this error.'

herp derp XD

can you change the browsing mode? >.<

Is it possible? I don't know, i I use safari as the browser...

it isn't happening now, though i didnt change anything... and it works fine.

1. What could be causing my computer to have trouble connecting to my mobile device?

There are a few potential reasons for this issue. It could be a problem with the connection between your computer and mobile device, such as a faulty cable or wireless network. It could also be an issue with the settings on either device, such as incorrect network configurations. Lastly, it could be a problem with the software or drivers on either device.

2. How can I determine if the issue is with my computer or my mobile device?

To troubleshoot this issue, try connecting your mobile device to a different computer or connecting a different mobile device to your computer. If the problem persists on both devices, the issue is likely with the connection or settings. If the issue only occurs with one device, the issue is likely with that specific device's software or drivers.

3. What steps can I take to fix connection issues between my computer and mobile device?

First, try restarting both your computer and mobile device. This can often resolve minor connection issues. If that doesn't work, check that your devices are both using the same network or are connected to the same wireless network. You can also try updating the software or drivers on both devices, or using a different cable or network connection.

4. How can I ensure that my computer and mobile device are properly connected?

If you are using a cable to connect your devices, make sure it is securely plugged in on both ends. If you are using a wireless connection, check that both devices are connected to the same network and that the network is working properly. You can also try turning off any firewalls or security software that may be blocking the connection.

5. Is there a way to prevent future connection issues between my computer and mobile device?

To prevent future issues, make sure to regularly update the software and drivers on both your computer and mobile device. You can also try using a different cable or network connection to see if that improves the connection. If you frequently experience connection issues, it may be worth investing in higher quality cables or a more reliable wireless network.