PF Contributor

• Thread starter *Kia*
  • Start date

*Kia*

Gold Member
Ummmmmmm if you're a piad up PF contributor - when does it show on your profile?

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
You get a yellow name (like Daddy W), and have the option of an avatar and signature and various other perks.

Last edited:

*Kia*

Gold Member
I know what you get but the question is when? :tongue2:

My fingers didn't mean piad either they meant paid :blushing:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pretty soon, I'd think. Like within a day. I'm not sure if there's some elaborate hack in the system that sees you contribution and assigns you a new status, or if Greg does it manually. If the latter, it depends on how often Greg comes online and such, but I'd guess that this shouldn't take longer than a day.

Why do you ask ?

*Kia*

Gold Member
because I paid up over a week ago :cry:

Haha, you got screwed.

Really though, you should see if your payment went through.. because it seems you should be a member by now.

Evo

Mentor
*Kia* said:
Sometimes there is a glitch. PM Greg Bernhardt and give him the details and he will manually fix it. When I did it, it was instantaneous.

Thanks for contributing! :approve:

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
*Kia* said:
If one paid electronically, as in credit card or Paypal, it should be quick. If one paid by mail, then it happens when the check arrives and the fee is verified, or so I would imagine.

I think mine took a few days - but that was last year, some time, IIRC.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'd say definitely PM Greg (unless you paid by check, then give it time to arrive and clear). I think when I first contributed, it was almost instantaneous. It shouldn't take a week. Greg might have to manually upgrade you if there was a glitch.

cronxeh

Gold Member
did you pay in US currency or....

sorry couldnt resist :biggrin:

Its instantaneous if paid by paypal afaik

Evo

Mentor
Anyone that mails in a payment should send Greg a PM to let him know it's coming.

*Kia*

Gold Member
It was paypal and it appears to be on my card statement.
I'm going to double check to be absolutely without a shadow of a doubt that that payment is the right one and then I shall pm Greg with my sorrows :smile:

thanks very much :wink:

Danger

Gold Member
*Kia* said:
It was paypal and it appears to be on my card statement.
Well, I never had a 'card statement', whatever that is, but I also went by PayPal. It took almost a week to go through. It was worth the wait, though.

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Looks like it gotten taken care of. :smile:

*Kia*

Gold Member
Ooh!
Thanks Greg and thanks you guys for teling me who to pm.
I appeared my payment had gone from my debit card (hence my card statement), and "got lost" it was sat there all lonely waiting to be claimed hehehe.

I feel special now!

JamesU

Gold Member
:mad: I wish I could afford a premium membership

When I paid I had wondered how long it may take then I logged back on right after paying and I was already upgraded.
Yomamma, maybe you should get a job mowing lawns or delivering news papers. :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Kia, I'm trying to figure out what your avatar is (terrible they have to be so tiny). Is that a cat swimming with a rat? :bugeye: Nifty!

Now you need a signature too! :biggrin:

looks like the cat is saving the rat?

*Kia*

Gold Member
hahaha a cat with a rodent (rat I think - too big to be a mouse) laying on the floor! :rofl: :rofl:

Now that sig, hmmmmmmmmmmm well, none of my usual sigs would be applicable :rolleyes:

Just the same as I don't think "Deviant Cyber Mastiff" would be a fitting custom title...... :eek: