Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Dreams

1. Dec 21, 2008 #1

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Someone mentioned in a thread recently they they had a dream about something happening on PF.

It got me wondering, is this common? Do you dream about PF? Do you dream about the relationships that you have online, the way you dream about person-to-person relationships?

If so, what form do those dreams take? Are you on the computer, reading, in your dream? Or do you visualize the people, though you've never met them (or maybe never seen their picture)? Or something else...?

Me: yes, I've had PF dreams. And dreams of other online friendships. But there are no visuals, just emotions and events...which, weirdly, happen without visuals.

Very strange to me!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2008 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

never had a dream about a forum, myself.

I guess i hardly ever remember my dreams anyway, though.

4. Dec 21, 2008 #3
    I sometimes have dreams about the books I read. Very often, about the games I play. But never about forums...

5. Dec 21, 2008 #4
    Nope, no dreams about forums for me.

6. Dec 22, 2008 #5
    That's cool. A glimpse into what the dreams of a congenitally blind person are like, basically. When I was younger I had a lot of online friendships... some of them pretty deep. Not so much anymore because I don't have the time to be online a lot. I had dreams about online friends having no idea what they looked like, yet in the dream they took on physical forms. Just regular people. In most cases they introduced themselves and explained who they were like I was meeting them "in real life" for the first time... and they knew who I was but their presence was a surprise to me. I know it's not that interesting, but that's all that happened :P.

7. Dec 22, 2008 #6

LURCH

Science Advisor

I've never had a PF dream that I know of, and frankly, I'm quite jealous.

8. Dec 22, 2008 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've dreamt I've been on PF loads. I have a very boring life.

9. Dec 22, 2008 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Your new avatar is going to give me a nightmare. You look evil. :frown:

I did have a weird dream the other night about getting text messages from Doc Al and Red Rum. Very weird.

It seemed so real that the next morning I actually checked my cell phone.

10. Dec 22, 2008 #9

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sometimes after my PF dreams I have to check I'm not banned. :redface:

Why do dreams always make you think you've been naughty.

11. Dec 22, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

Have you not seen "V for Vendetta"? That's a Guy Fawkes mask.

12. Dec 22, 2008 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So does your dream take place at the keyboard? Is it like a normal dream, with visuals? Mine aren't.

13. Dec 22, 2008 #12

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mainly behind the keyboard as normal but I vaguely remember seeing the PF people I know from their photos and the sense of being in a bright room of the PF colours. The monitor often acts as a portal I think and towards the end of such dreams there is a pull back moment where you realise that its all just been on the computer, and then when you wake up you obviously realise its all been a dream. There is variation but I can't remember any specific one with great clarity.

14. Dec 22, 2008 #13

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you think Redbelly is going to use this one with his bird?

15. Dec 22, 2008 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very strange! Dreams without images?

I've never dreamt of PF, but I think I've posted while virtually asleep. Sometimes I get online and post after working 12 or 16 hours straight, which I have learned is a very bad idea. Every once in a while, esp back when I was very active and posting frequently in all areas of the board, I would see a post of mine that would nearly cause me to choke. One in particular comes to mind where I think I got distracted and changed subjects about half way through the post. I started off by addressing the question, and then took a hard turn and started babbling about ground rods, which I think related to a discussion in a different thread. When I read it later, I had no idea what I was talking about!

16. Dec 22, 2008 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I once had an odd dream about PF that woke me up in the middle of the night. It wasn't really typical a dream, but a pop-up window that interrupted my dream and alerted me that I had a new PM on PF from a member that I know. I got up and checked -- and I did, in fact have a message from that member. Weird, huh?

17. Dec 23, 2008 #16
    :yuck: On or way to Borg?

18. Dec 23, 2008 #17
    I did last night, thankyouverymuch. I had a dream that I got on here and there was a thread started by someone that I don't know saying "Did Anyone Know Binzing?" and then later in this dream I found out that what I thought was something else named Binzing was actually me and I'd died, I THINK.

19. Dec 23, 2008 #18
    I dreamt that I was on PF and the flame wars were getting hotter and hotter. Insults were flying everywhere. One post was posted in jest, but someone took it personally. He says one thing, she says another, and everybody changes back again. I shouted out "You're tearing me apart!". That's when I realized that I wasn't asleep.

20. Dec 23, 2008 #19

Danger

Gold Member

I have had a couple of PF dreams. For some totally unfathomable reason, none of them involved Evo naked. That's very disappointing to me. :frown:

In actuality, the only one that I very vaguely remember was a week or two back and had to do with Astro coming to visit me and us taking a day-trip out to the mountains. I can't remember any details at all.

21. Dec 23, 2008 #20

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Yeah - we have to do that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?