Can I Access External Email Accounts While Using PF?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, users can now access any external email account while surfing PF by saving their username and server in their profile. There is also a new spellchecker feature available on the reply and thread creation pages. However, it seems that some users have experienced difficulty in using the feature.
You can now check any external email account while surfing PF.

https://www.physicsforums.com/email.php [Broken]

You can save your username and server in your profile and it will add it automaticly.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
You can now check any external email account while surfing PF.

https://www.physicsforums.com/email.php [Broken]

You can save your username and server in your profile and it will add it automaticly.

Someone should have used the new spellchecker feature...

It's to the right of "preview post" for new reply and new thread pages.
:rofl:

So, let me get this straight, I can access hotmail while on PF? Is this such a good thing seeing as you can just open another IE window and load up hotmail?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to use this but it didnt work! I added my email username and my server, and then clicked on PF email and it said I didnt have permission to access that page!

1. What is the PF Email Gateway Feature?

The PF Email Gateway Feature is a software program that acts as a bridge between your organization's internal email system and external email servers. It helps to secure and filter incoming and outgoing emails, as well as manage email traffic for your organization.

2. How does the PF Email Gateway Feature work?

The PF Email Gateway Feature works by intercepting all incoming and outgoing emails and scanning them for any potential threats. It also allows for email encryption and data loss prevention measures to be implemented. The software uses a combination of rules, filters, and algorithms to analyze emails and determine if they should be delivered or blocked.

3. What are the benefits of using the PF Email Gateway Feature?

The PF Email Gateway Feature offers several benefits, including enhanced email security, improved email management, and increased productivity. It helps to prevent spam, phishing, and other malicious emails from reaching your inbox, and also allows for better control over email traffic and data protection.

4. Is the PF Email Gateway Feature customizable?

Yes, the PF Email Gateway Feature is highly customizable to meet the specific needs and requirements of your organization. You can set up rules and filters to block certain types of emails, create email policies, and configure settings for encryption and data loss prevention.

5. Can the PF Email Gateway Feature integrate with other email systems?

Yes, the PF Email Gateway Feature can integrate with various email systems, including Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. This allows for seamless communication between your organization's internal email system and external email servers.