Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF ends relationship with Dr. Kaku

1. Sep 8, 2005 #1
    Both PF and Dr. Kaku's organization have agreed to move on and break our forum relationship. PF and Dr. Kaku might join forces again in the future. The Mkaku.org forums are now archived in the physics archive forum.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2005 #2

Lisa!

Gold Member

Thanks to tell us. I was about to ask since I couldn't see that forum here. I thought you moved it somewhere else or perhaps somthing was wrong with me!

4. Sep 8, 2005 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Could you say a bit about why you both felt this was a natural break?

(I thought the M.Kaku forum didn't quite fit PF's general profile, but that is perhaps just me..)

5. Sep 8, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hallelujah, it's about time!

Whatever will selfAdjoint do with all the free time he's going to have? :tongue:

6. Sep 8, 2005 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

So you don't have any PF pet peeves anymore, Tom.

7. Sep 8, 2005 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that was the only one!

8. Sep 8, 2005 #7

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Yeah.... the Kaku forums were like a outlaw wilderness town with selfAdjoint the lone sheriff...

9. Sep 8, 2005 #8

honestrosewater

Gold Member

selfAdjoint was in charge of those forums - alone?! :surprised Wow, I didn't go down there often, but those few trips were, um... you know. SA just gained a whole heap o' sympathy and respect from me. :biggrin:

(And at his age to boot...)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  10. Sep 8, 2005 #9

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, I'm sort of sorry to see it go, but it was a aperitur a nutcase stuck inside PF and there was no need for it here. Besides it gives me the opportunity to finally unburden myself on the subject of Dr. Kaku. To quote myself on another site, he is unscrupulous in sacrificing scientific information on the altar of gee whiz.

11. Sep 8, 2005 #10
    Well I won't really be shedding any tears. This place is so goldarn busy, I couldn't figure out why Cory and Mike would ever stick his forum over here in the first place. I'm assuming they're too busy finishing college/starting careers to be able to take care of it anymore.
    I know Dr. Kaku is extremely busy and it's tremendously irritating that he never shows up on his own website's forums but I guess that's the price we pay for not cloning him.

12. Sep 8, 2005 #11

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really? Oh no! :eek:

These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.

--The Shawshank Redemption

:biggrin:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  13. Sep 9, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

But we're sort of so happy since you may have more free time and we can see you around here more. :rolleyes: Of course if you wouldn't decide to move with that forum!
    Now we should do something about Tom's(and other mentors) free time. Perhaps removing new theory part could help. :cool:

14. Sep 9, 2005 #13
    Ah, the Kaku has flown the nest. What was the forum actually about? I never visited it.

15. Sep 9, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

I remmember I asked the same question once, and everyone discouraged me not to visit it because... :uhh:
    I visited it sometimes but I never found enough time to read a thread completely.

16. Sep 9, 2005 #15

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I peeked through that door only once and didn't like what I saw. I never understood why it was here. Good move.

17. Sep 9, 2005 #16
    I read and loved the Hyperspace book, I thought it was really great to have that section there....*sigh*

18. Sep 13, 2005 #17

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

No tears here, either. We can more effectively abuse SA's time with real science.

19. Sep 13, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wandered in there once, and, well, I'm not really sure what it was about. :bugeye: I was glad I left the trail of breadcrumbs to find my way back out. :rofl:

I see SelfAdjoint is using some of his spare time to hang around the new Mind & Brain forums. :approve: It's a much better place to hang out; he might even find out how to get his sanity back. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?