Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF eye strain cure

1. May 18, 2007 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My eyes used to feel very tired after spending a few minutes at the PF, to the point where I had to stop visiting the PF pages. I didn't (and don't) know why that happened with the PF and not with other websites.

Then, I switched to LCD monitors. At the same time, put them much closer to the keyboard (less distance between eyes & monitor). Now the strain is almost entirely gone.

If anyone is reading this with strained, red, dry (alternatively, tearful) eyes, consider making these changes -- what worked for me might also work for you.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

Only PF? That's strange, but eyestrain is a common problem with CRT monitors that are too low in refresh rate. Perhaps pf's combination of graphics triggered something. In any case, if it ever happens again and you're on a CRT, up the refresh rate from the default of 60.
  4. May 19, 2007 #3

Gold Member

Thank you for sharing!:smile:

Time shrinkage on PF because of its greatness! You think you were browsing PF only for some minutes but in fact it's been for houres!:tongue:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?