Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Gaming

1. May 15, 2004 #1
    We should set have some PC game competitions among interested PF members. We can use this threat to pick servers, times, games, etc.

Potential games can be the Quakes, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Battlefield 1942, the Unreal Tournaments, Half-life, or whatever you want to play.

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2004 #2
    I think that's a great idea. Warcraft III would be my pick. :smile:

4. May 15, 2004 #3
    Halo 2 beta. :)

5. May 15, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

Medieval: Total War

6. May 15, 2004 #5
    Transport Tycoon Deluxe edition. :)

7. May 15, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

Pong, its gotta be Pong

8. May 15, 2004 #7
    Ha! Medieval total war!

9. May 15, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

you like MTW too??? I think it is awesome!! :biggrin:

10. May 15, 2004 #9
    count me in, I already spend way too many hours on video games anyway...

11. May 15, 2004 #10
    Pong would be kind of hard over the net, because ultra-low pings would be necessary, I would think.

It's great that there are already two people interested in a game. You guys should talk to each other to set up a playing time. How many people does that game support.

Sadly, I don't have any of the games you guys mentioned. I'm an FPS fan myself. Anybody interested in UT2k4 demo, Quake 3, or BF1942?

12. May 15, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

MTW can support up to 8 people in a battle but you all need high speed connections for it to work successfully.

I like the original Unreal Tournament. Or i would like to see what Aliens vs. Predator 2 would be like on multiplayer.

13. May 15, 2004 #12
    I'm down for a game of UT. AvP 2 is awesome in MP, though I don't have the game. I enjoy being an Alien (Xenomorph).

14. May 16, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

yeah I love being the xenomorph. Tons of fun whooping the ass of all the humans. Predators arent that hard either if you keep moving.

15. May 16, 2004 #14
    I play Call of Duty right now, and im usually on during the weekends (same name as here). CoD has some very addictive multiplayer action.

Other than CoD that I actively play, I do have Unreal Tournament, UT2003, and MTW.

16. May 16, 2004 #15
    I'm down with Warcraft 3, Unreal Tournament and Medieval and Shogun: Total War.

Call of Duty is addictive, I've tried the demo and it's one of the best FPS I've ever played

17. May 16, 2004 #16
    Transport Tycoon Deluxe... its so addictive...

18. May 17, 2004 #17
    I just got Battlefield 1942 and am having a lot of fun with the campaign, but I havent had any luck joining a game online. I'd be interested in playing a game online if you want to make a game some time.

19. May 17, 2004 #18
    Let's schedule a game for the original Unreal Tournament. How about Thursday evening?

20. May 17, 2004 #19

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I will need to take the dust off my UT game, it has been a while since I use the game. Thursday nigth sound fine but at what time. Also what type of multiplayer are we going to play?

21. May 17, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

i gotta wait to get a faster connection... mine is only a slow one, but soon!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?