Organizing PC Game Competitions Among PF Members

In summary, we should set up some PC game competitions among interested PF members. We can use this threat to pick servers, times, games, etc.
Dissident Dan
We should set have some PC game competitions among interested PF members. We can use this threat to pick servers, times, games, etc.

Potential games can be the Quakes, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Battlefield 1942, the Unreal Tournaments, Half-life, or whatever you want to play.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that's a great idea. Warcraft III would be my pick. :smile:

Halo 2 beta. :)

Medieval: Total War

Transport Tycoon Deluxe edition. :)

Pong, its got to be Pong

Ha! Medieval total war!

you like MTW too? I think it is awesome! :biggrin:

count me in, I already spend way too many hours on video games anyway...

Pong would be kind of hard over the net, because ultra-low pings would be necessary, I would think.

It's great that there are already two people interested in a game. You guys should talk to each other to set up a playing time. How many people does that game support.

Sadly, I don't have any of the games you guys mentioned. I'm an FPS fan myself. Anybody interested in UT2k4 demo, Quake 3, or BF1942?

MTW can support up to 8 people in a battle but you all need high speed connections for it to work successfully.

I like the original Unreal Tournament. Or i would like to see what Aliens vs. Predator 2 would be like on multiplayer.

I'm down for a game of UT. AvP 2 is awesome in MP, though I don't have the game. I enjoy being an Alien (Xenomorph).

yeah I love being the xenomorph. Tons of fun whooping the ass of all the humans. Predators arent that hard either if you keep moving.

I play Call of Duty right now, and I am usually on during the weekends (same name as here). CoD has some very addictive multiplayer action.

Other than CoD that I actively play, I do have Unreal Tournament, UT2003, and MTW.

I'm down with Warcraft 3, Unreal Tournament and Medieval and Shogun: Total War.

Call of Duty is addictive, I've tried the demo and it's one of the best FPS I've ever played

Transport Tycoon Deluxe... its so addictive...

I just got Battlefield 1942 and am having a lot of fun with the campaign, but I haven't had any luck joining a game online. I'd be interested in playing a game online if you want to make a game some time.

Let's schedule a game for the original Unreal Tournament. How about Thursday evening?

I will need to take the dust off my UT game, it has been a while since I use the game. Thursday nigth sound fine but at what time. Also what type of multiplayer are we going to play?

i got to wait to get a faster connection... mine is only a slow one, but soon!

Gunbound ...

rbs_5, i'll play you in gunbound. what's your ID?
mine is BlackDeathAM

Last edited:
Why the orginal unreal tournament? Why not the lastest one? We can also play Enemy Territory. They are both compatible with windows, macs, and linux. ET is completely free so anyone can download it. Unreal Tournament 2004 has a demo that has plenty of levels.

some people don't have computers with that higher specs... :frown:

W00t for 800XT!

jimmy p said:
some people don't have computers with that higher specs... :frown:

agreed. Though I can play UT easily on my computer my 56k (which runs at sub 28.8k in reality) can hardly keep up. Or can it? :confused: maybe it can. What server?

Since you're looking for FPS's my vote's for Wolfenstein 3D.

Tribes! Hooray for the 3rd dimension!

cookiemonster

Okay, we have mostly Warcraft 3 and UT and 2 on Medieval Total War ;) So far So Good. Let's keep em coming ladies!

Get ready to party...

Last edited:
The_Professional said:
Get ready to party...

All right! But I'm not coming if there aren't any girls there.

I'm all for a game of Wolf:ET, but it takes at least 8 for a good game, so I don't think that we'd be able to get a good game with just PF people, although we could join someone else's game.

I've got the UT2k4 demo, but no the full version, if anyone is interested.
----
Any time thursday evening should be good...how about like 9pm? I was thinking regular deathmatch.

Civilization and the Age of Empires series are other options.

I'll download UT 2004 demo. My video card is only a 64mb ATI 9000 as my desktop won't boot. Thursday's good.

what about Cossacks, BF:Vietnam, Day of defeat, stronghold, Star-Wars jedi knight series, far cry(god i hate that game) SplinterCell pandora tomorrow(only needs 4 players), Rainbow Six series, just o few games I'm thinking of.

oh and count me in too