Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pf Gfx

1. Mar 17, 2006 #1
    I think PF needs some custom graphics! Userbars, signatures, affiliates banner, avatars etc. anyone here skilled with gfx?

Also, does anyone got any suggestions on how these graphics would look like?

C'mon people, let's brainstorm for PF :P

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2006 #2
    It already has it......

4. Mar 17, 2006 #3
    They don't have:

5. Mar 17, 2006 #4
    My picture is an avtar. My signature is below. You have to pay to get them. Those medals and mentor badges cost the most.

6. Mar 17, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:grumpy: They're not for sale. :devil:

7. Mar 17, 2006 #6
    <Slips Evo a $100 bill>

Right, there not for sale, wink wink.

8. Mar 17, 2006 #7

Evo

Thanks cyrus, that's monthly, you know.

9. Mar 17, 2006 #8
    What can I get for A $ 1 millon/per month?

10. Mar 17, 2006 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

You can change your name to Greg Bernhardt for 5 hours per day

11. Mar 17, 2006 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Not bad. I feel so tempted.

12. Mar 18, 2006 #11
    Not specificly userbars/avatars/sginature gerafics for PF but userbars/avatars/signatures you could use elsewhere. Isn't anyone interested in the idea?

13. Mar 18, 2006 #12

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

This board needs very little of that crap. It's nice and uncluttered and easy to read. We don't need all of these little add on things for the ADD generation. Simple=good. Simple=loads faster. Simple=easier to manage.

14. Mar 18, 2006 #13
    Check my above post. SOMEWHERE ELSE. Using the userbars, avatars, signatures somewhere else (to promote etc.)

15. Mar 18, 2006 #14

Evo

I think there were PF t-shirts. I'd like a PF sweatshirt and coffee mug.

16. Mar 18, 2006 #15

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't even know what you're talking about now.

17. Mar 18, 2006 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

I think he means using avatars, signatures, and stuff in other forums to advertise PF.

18. Mar 18, 2006 #17

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I never visit other forums. :biggrin:

I wouldn't recommend advertising anywhere. That leads to crackpots coming here to try and "convert" us with their crazy theories. The best thing to do in my opinion when you notice someone interesting/well-rounded/bright is to private message them and let them know about the site personally.

Sure we should tell the world because this site is great and we are here to share knowledge with the world. It's just that crackpots are fairly common at other websites, and I think we should avoid them.

19. Mar 18, 2006 #18
    PF is a big site with >800,000 posts and >30,000 users. The crackpots wouldn't stand a chance. So I take it that noone is interested in PF userbar/avatar/signature gfx?

20. Mar 18, 2006 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't post anywhere else that allows me to have an avatar or signature. Most sites that allow those get so carried away with them that I don't stick around because I can't figure out what's post, what's signature, what's an ad, etc....there'll be one sentence of text in a post, then a full page of graphics and poetry and who knows what that people put in their signatures...it's too tedious to bother reading.

I still haven't figured out what a userbar even is. :redface:

21. Mar 19, 2006 #20
    this site needs some new low-profile rims, solid gold, or maybe diamond. Then maybe some spinners and ground effects lighting. Thats just for starters, then we gotta add some hydraulics and customized license plates...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?