New PF Layout: Twice the Size?

• Thread starter Shadow
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the size of the content on a website called PF, which appears to be larger than usual for one of the users. They initially thought it was a problem with their computer, but it seems to be only affecting certain websites. One user suggests checking browser settings and the issue is resolved.
Shadow
Hey guys, what is with the size of everything on PF? It's about twice as big as before... at first I thought it was my computer but how can this be if no other websites are like that?

Physics news on Phys.org
Forget that last post but can someone please tell me what I must have accidently done to my computer? The font on PF, Yahoo, and some other websites (but for some reason MSN is fine, so are a few others) is huge? It seems to be font size 26!

Check your browser settings.

okay, thanks Greg. I don't know what i did, seriously. It was huge one minute, now it is extremely small. Go figure. Anyways, I'll check it out.

on your browser, go to view-->text size
hope that helps

Thanks, it's fine now!

1. What is the reason for changing the PF layout to twice the size?

The decision to double the size of the PF layout was made in order to accommodate the increasing demand for larger experiments and to allow for more flexibility in the types of experiments that can be conducted.

2. How will the new PF layout impact current experiments?

The new PF layout will not affect ongoing experiments as the changes will be made gradually and any necessary adjustments will be made during the transition process. However, researchers will be able to take advantage of the larger space for future experiments.

3. Will there be any changes to the equipment and instrumentation in the PF?

No, the current equipment and instrumentation will remain the same. However, there may be additional equipment added in the future to make use of the increased space.

4. How will the safety of researchers and equipment be ensured with the larger PF layout?

The new PF layout has been carefully planned and designed with safety in mind. All necessary safety measures will be implemented, such as proper equipment spacing and clear pathways for researchers to move around.

5. When will the new PF layout be fully implemented?

The implementation of the new PF layout will be done in stages and is expected to be completed within the next year. Updates will be provided as the project progresses.