Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Holiday

1. Nov 13, 2004 #1
    PF Holiday....

Hey PF Nation...
    I was thinking of a Holiday day that we decide in "democratic" way at PF where we will not visit our dear website..to make the database headache becomes better..
    -That we are kind of addicted or "sitting too much" sometimes here [sometimes?]
    - That it's good to challenge ourselves by one day off this website...let's the ego win over the id for at least once!
    - It could be fun...I am not sure exaclty how!

For now, I wanna suggest to make 24 Nov the day, jus cuz i like 24/11/2004 since it has two 0's, 1's, 2's & 4's

A punch of people might be ok....we can made the holiday just for one forum if we like [and the metor(s) like] such as this one here!
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2004 #2
    Blasphemy! I shalt not abandon mynth precious loved physicsforums.com
  4. Nov 13, 2004 #3
    Smurfee you are showing symptoms of critical intoxication, go home, get some rest.

This friendly advice comes from a member of the PF Anonymous :biggrin: .
  5. Nov 13, 2004 #4
    I concur.

I go through withdrawals if I don't visit PF for over 8 hours.
  6. Nov 18, 2004 #5

I go into withdrawals faster than i would if denied oxygen...yeah i can hold my breath for a quite while.
  7. Nov 18, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, there's no database headache of any sort; our server is not heavilty loaded at all. We would much rather see all of you logged in at once, than none of you logged in at all.

- Warren
  8. Nov 18, 2004 #7
    So: I have 45,000 students at my university, can ALL of them come...some of them prefer to have 100 usernames and log in in the same time...is that ok? [Chroot, i guess you know what i am plaanig now cuz of your generous offer :biggrin: ] :rofl:
  9. Nov 19, 2004 #8
    that'd be radical. [I need rehab]
    I know you don't get withdrawal symptoms from marijuana for 6 months after your last use, whats the time on PF? anyone?
  10. Nov 19, 2004 #9
    eeeeee my Lord! Chill out, i am just kidding...I like the database and wanna to have it relaxed all the time....
    Let's give it one day of holiday!
  11. Nov 19, 2004 #10
    For all those with radical addiction to PF, how about Feb 29th as a rest day?
  12. Nov 19, 2004 #11

Or every presidential election?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?