Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF I need your help!

1. Nov 6, 2007 #1

Mk

I'm doing a bit of a project and I need test tubes by tomorrow. Do they sell chemistry sets with test tubes at the local walmart? I have access to no labs and do not have my own right now.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Time to head to the local bar and start doing test tube shots. :biggrin: Is it essential you have test tubes, or do you just need anything glass to do a reaction in? Cheap shotglasses maybe?

4. Nov 6, 2007 #3
  5. Nov 6, 2007 #4

Mk

What I'm looking for is a container that has a small radius to height ratio, is there something else I could use? I couldn't think of anything.

6. Nov 6, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That looks awfully expensive to get what looks like 3 test tubes.

7. Nov 6, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Shooter glasses? They're the tall, skinny shot glass type things. Maybe small bud vases in a craft store? I'm not sure if they'd have any clear glass ones, but might. How many do you need?

8. Nov 6, 2007 #7
    Moonbear- that's what I was thinking. Florist shops often have glass or plastic vials for miniature flowers. I've also run across tubes with caps at army surplus stores.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?