Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pf in foreign languages?

1. Aug 14, 2008 #1
    I was wondering if anyone has made this recommendation in the past. I did advanced search but didn't come up with any results.

I think there are some incentives in putting it in different languages (only need awful amount of time?) because most websites do that:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/
    and all corporations etc.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2008 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you read the PF Guidelines, you would have noticed that English is the requirement for posting on here. Since this forum is highly moderated, and English is the only language that is in common with all the Mentors and Administrators, it is why we have made English the only language of communication on PF.

Zz.

4. Aug 14, 2008 #3
    Root, people can easily translate a website via babelfish or alike. However if we start allowing other languages, how could we moderate them?

5. Aug 14, 2008 #4
    Yep, I agree it is very hard to do that with current management style.
    I knew about it before starting this thread that's why I said "awful amount of time" - 2 to ~6 years to get them to this stage :rolleyes:

I also use google trans to get information from some arabic, russian, and asian sites(works good so far :smile:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?