Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF ipad style problems

1. Aug 28, 2013 #1
    One issue I've had a problem with, not sure where to ask so ill just put it here:

I originally started coming to PF on my iPad Mini. The site is perfect on the Mini, everything works great. However, when I try to access PF on my normal iPad, all I see are the basics and it is much slower. I don't see any animations or colors, just a white background with the different sub-forums in blue. Is there a way to solve this?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2013 #2
    Are you saying you see the "mobile skin"?

4. Aug 28, 2013 #3
    I don't see any colors, I don't see any animation, and there are no boxes whatsoever. All I see is a white background and text, when on my normal iPad.

5. Aug 28, 2013 #4
    So there is no style? Can anyone else share their iPad experiences?

6. Aug 28, 2013 #5

CAF123

Gold Member

I am on an iPad right now and everything is, as far as I can see, the same as on the laptop.

7. Aug 28, 2013 #6
    This is what it looks like on my normal iPad.

Attached Files:

8. Aug 28, 2013 #7
    In my above post I put a thumbnail of what I see on the iPad. On the Mini I can see the blue outlines, and the sub forums, and it's all neat and it order. But there is absolutely no style when I visit the site on the normal iPad.

9. Aug 28, 2013 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I'm on my iPad right now and I don't see what you see. Mine is practically the same as what I see on my desktop.

Zz.

10. Aug 28, 2013 #9
    Yeah that is strange it's not taking the style sheets. Can you clear your cache on that thing?

11. Aug 28, 2013 #10
    When things like what the OP is experiencing happen on my laptop (not this website mind you), I usually clear my history/cache/cookies and it comes right.

12. Aug 29, 2013 #11
    Another unrelated issue: my profile says I not have 15 posts but really I have many more. It's not updating my post count.

13. Aug 29, 2013 #12
    Posts in the lounge are not counted

14. Aug 29, 2013 #13

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

That's strange, I've been using my iPad for most of a year and not had that problem.

15. Sep 5, 2013 #14

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Greg, did something happened? Now the forum does not display properly on my iPad's Safari browser. The text in posts run past the page margins, and there are several empty boxes in the post listing.

I'll try to snap a pic of it later today when I get home if the problem persists.

Zz.

16. Sep 5, 2013 #15
    hmmm guess it's time for me to get an iPad. I didn't change anything.

17. Sep 5, 2013 #16

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Hum... oookay. Things look fine on my iPad now that I'm home.

I'm wondering if the firewall and certain blocks that they put at Argonne are causing the page to not be displayed properly on the iPad. I don't remember it having this issue yesterday, and I don't see any page formatting problem on a desktop while I'm there.

Oh well, no big deal.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook