Solving Password Issues with PF iPhone SE App

• Thread starter sophiecentaur
  • Start date
In summary, the user has been trying to use their PF app with their PF username and password from their Keychain, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. They have tried using Safari, where the information is available, but there is no option in the preferences for the PF app. They are frustrated and wondering if anyone else with a new iPhone SE is experiencing the same issue. They have also tried using Tapatalk as an alternative, which has a different interface and seems to remember their login information. However, the downside is that equations are not processed in the app.
sophiecentaur
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've tried (I really have) to get my PF app to use my PF user and password from my Keychain but there doesn't seem to be a way. If I use Safari, the info is in there and available. There is no apparent option in the preference for PF.
Any ideas? I get frustrated telling it again and again.
[Edit: @Mods - thanks for moving this. I never know where to put this sort of stuff (answers on a postcard, perhaps.) ]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Hmmm my app seems to remember the login. I haven't signed in for months.
This is a fairly recent thing for me. I have tried various things - deleting the PF password in the keychain for safari. killing safari, putting the password manually into the password list. Each time I log in I tick the 'keep me logged in" box but it doesn't. Fairly recently, I moved from iPhone 4 to SE but I didn't associate the problem with the change - but I could be wrong. iOS is subtly different for all machines so I wonder is there's a genuine bit of incompatibility. I can't be the only PF member with a new cheaper iPhone and it could be useful to hear from someone who either does or doesn't have this problem.
Greg. Do you have an SE, by any chance?

Just to be clear, are you using the PF App or browsing PF using mobile safari browser?

I have tried both. I ditched the PF app but can't seem to find another copy on the App Store (that's another issue, too). At the moment the problem is on mobile safari but it was on the app, too - which is why I tried ditching it.

I think you need to manually add PF into your keychain and then when visiting PF you'll get a popup to remember?

I'll try that. Cheers.

Trying to do this the Tapatalk option.

So far so good. I can't remember using TT before. The screen colours are quite different.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
sophiecentaur said:
So far so good. I can't remember using TT before. The screen colours are quite different.
The downside to the App is that the equations aren't processed. It's best for a quick overview of what's happening on PF.

I thought I ought to report on progress. I ditched the App from my SE. That App had the Blue PF logo and was the one that had been giving trouble. I couldn't find a replacement for that anywhere but I installed the Tapatalk App and that seems not to need me to login every time. It's a different interface completely from the original PF App and it's a bit zippier. The Tapatalk Icon has a white 't' on an red speech bubble.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Greg.

1. What is PF iPhone SE App?

PF iPhone SE App is a password management application that allows users to securely store and organize their passwords for various accounts and websites.

2. How does PF iPhone SE App solve password issues?

PF iPhone SE App uses advanced encryption algorithms to protect the passwords stored within the app, making it difficult for hackers to access them. It also allows users to generate strong and unique passwords for each account, reducing the risk of a security breach.

3. Is PF iPhone SE App compatible with all devices?

Yes, PF iPhone SE App is designed to work with all devices running on iOS, including the iPhone SE.

4. Can I access my passwords on multiple devices with PF iPhone SE App?

Yes, PF iPhone SE App offers cross-device synchronization, allowing you to access your passwords on multiple devices as long as you are signed in to your account.

5. How secure is PF iPhone SE App?

PF iPhone SE App uses industry-standard security measures such as AES-256 encryption and two-factor authentication to ensure the safety of your passwords. It also regularly updates its security protocols to stay ahead of potential threats.