Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Mar 9, 2008 #1
    Hey there. Nice chatroom that is. But it's IRC at the backend, isn't it? So whats the channels name and on which network does it go?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2008 #2
    Thanks. It's not IRC, sorry.
  4. Mar 9, 2008 #3
    Aw comon. Port it to IRC. Although thats probably the nicest Web-chat I've seen so far (that most likely because I never used any, but still...), I prefer my Xchat without the beeps and colors.

what about

irc.freenode.net #phyicsforum

freenode is secure, very fast and can hold many thousand people per channel. You just need to include a free webircclient where you have had the chat so far.
  5. Mar 9, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can turn off the sound and change the color settings. There are basic instructions for that posted in the thread for the first chat.
  6. Mar 9, 2008 #5
    I've actually noticed that. I admit it's a very very nice thingy indeed. Still, I prefer to chat from a dedicated chat program - not from my browser.
  7. Mar 9, 2008 #6

Homework Helper

Too bad i was there only for 1 minute, but it was entertaining to talk about Cyrus 3.9+ rocket scientists' friends and Doc Al's fort of books. He probably can build an one story house with his books.

I had fun, looking forward for the next chat.
  8. Mar 9, 2008 #7
    Has it ended an hour early or has there been a change in time, like you guys turned yoru clocks back?
  9. Mar 9, 2008 #8
    Daylight savings :)
  10. Mar 9, 2008 #9

Gold Member

Most of the US pushed the clocks ahead an hour last night.
  11. Mar 9, 2008 #10
    What a shame :cry:

Haha, see you all next week. I actually slept through most of it, theres something about Sunday afternoons that is so nap-worthy. :smile:

12. Mar 10, 2008 #11
    A good idea, most sites have something like it and it was nice to be able to chat live with some of the PF regulars.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?