Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary: We all missed PF during the downtime, but we're glad it's back now. In summary, PF was temporarily down due to a problem with the database hard drive port, causing withdrawal symptoms and frustration for many users. However, after 5 hours of troubleshooting, Greg was able to fix the issue and bring PF back online. Some users even joked about hiring someone to physically stop them from posting on the forum. Overall, everyone is grateful to have PF back and functioning properly.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Pf is back!

Yeeey!

Thank you a lot Greg for fixing PF! I almost go heavy withdrawal symptoms due to the downtime.

Lots of thanks and kisses, Greg!

Physics news on Phys.org

I'm like a crack addict who just found a stash! Thank Dawkins it's back.

Thank goodness, it's back. PF withdrawal is an ugly, ugly thing.

Turned out the port the database hard drive was plugged into went bonkers. Moved it to a new port and we're back. Only took 5 hours to figure that out...

My theory is that the PF admins were drinking port for 5 hours:tongue:

Whatever, I'm happy to see PF back online!

micromass said:
Yeeey!

Thank you a lot Greg for fixing PF! I almost go heavy withdrawal symptoms due to the downtime.

Lots of thanks and kisses, Greg!
I was thinking the exact same thing except for the kisses. I LOLed a little when I saw that you were the first one to post a comment like this.

I once officially announced that I was going to leave PF for a while. (I was thinking a few months at least). These are the next two posts I made in that thread:
Fredrik said:
Lol, I've written 47 posts since I "left" 19 days ago. I suck at staying away. I'll try to do better now. I hope I don't have to ask someone to ban me. :tongue2:

Fredrik said:
Aaarrggh...I said that, and then I wrote 77 posts in 14 days. :grumpy:

I should probably hire someone to slap me every time they see me click a quote button...

Yay, thanks Greg!

Thanks Greg. Initially I thought it was just another 502/504 problem in the middle of my day, as usual - but they never last that long.

Thanks Greg! I was feeling so empty this morning when I couldn't log in...x(I just noticed we had a chat! I just checked my OKC and I noticed that micro sent me a link to it...Everyone was gone...D:

It was really awful yesterday night here.
I returned back from my tuition at 7:00pm and found that Physics forums is down. I again checked at 8:00pm, the conditions were same. :frown:
More worse at 9:30pm, i encountered a database error.
I kept checking for every 15 minute till 12:00am but there was no improvement. :frown:
(IST timings)

Finally in the morning, before going to my school, i again checked, it worked. It was really a long and painful wait. :cry:

Thank you Greg for fixing the problems. :)

Last edited:

Thanks Greg!

What is "Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!"?

"Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!" is a celebratory event created by the popular social media platform, "Pf". It is a chance for users to come together and celebrate the return of the platform after a period of maintenance and updates.

When is "Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!" taking place?

The specific date and time for "Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!" has not been announced yet. Keep an eye on the platform's official social media pages for updates and announcements.

Who is Greg and why is he part of the event?

Greg is a fictional character created by the "Pf" team as the mascot for the event. He represents the platform's fun and lighthearted nature and is meant to add to the celebratory atmosphere of the event.

How can I participate in "Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!"?

To participate in the event, simply log in to your "Pf" account during the designated time and engage with the content and activities created by the platform. You can also invite your friends to join in on the celebration.

Are there any prizes or rewards for participating in "Pf is Back! Celebrate with Greg!"?

The details of any prizes or rewards for participating in the event have not been announced yet. Keep an eye on the platform's official social media pages for updates and announcements.