PF is getting a face lift!

All the best...

Wow... the image gallery already has 1000s of images.

I'm wondering about server data/bandwidth impact? (might not be as much of a problem now as it was a few years back)

Other forums I've frequented encouraged the use of 3rd party image hosts (Picasa, etc.), just linking to images like so:
for+forum+image.jpg

Matt the gallery is generated from past images too. Not from when it was released :)

I don't post here often anymore due to lack of time, but I have two things to say about the new look. First, it definitely looks better, so a job well done on the aesthetics part. However, the older design seemed to me much more readable with less stuff packed right in the middle of the screen (the design feels a bit squeezed now) and more actual post content on a single page (here I don't mean the actual topic page, but how much you seen on your screen at any given instant).

Yes! Congratulation with the new look! I really love the way this forum site is set up! Keep up with the good work, admins and everyone! I would like to see some improvements and progress!

Yeah, i really like this!! It's really refreshing or maybe i am just saying that because i love BLUE!!:D:D

Go a Head ! let's change the world

This is amazing. Please include MathJAX for latex insertion :) IT is easy to program it and it is powerfull: http://www.mathjax.org/

It would be nice to have a clock showing the server time, in some corner of the page. It would help people in time zones, different from the server's. Just saying.

Please include MathJAX for latex insertion :)

You mean they don't already have MathJAX??!! :rolleyes:

this looks like a spyware website, I thought the top caption was adware, please remove it fast! it COMPLETELY takes away from the look and feel of a professional educational forum

Bad Design!

Poor design. Looks like those adware websites.
Earlier look was classy.

Abdul Quadeer: Don't be an old man.You will get used to it.

Change for the sake of change.

Change for the sake of change.

We ll get used to it! :D But i would love to see this site mainly in green colour as it is describing the nature :)

Oh, cool. I like the new design. :-)

When you are renewing... Please provide a better favicon also :)

Zag
The new layout looks great! Congratulations to everyone who worked on it!

This is amazing. Please include MathJAX for latex insertion :) IT is easy to program it and it is powerfull: http://www.mathjax.org/
##E=\gamma mc^2##
That got added long before the new layout.

jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
uhhh ,,, I know i'm slow....

cant find the old FAQ page.....

just point me in right direction -

thanks, old jim

uhhh ,,, I know i'm slow....

cant find the old FAQ page.....

just point me in right direction -

thanks, old jim

Site Info dropdown at the top nav.

KHMOU YOUSSEF
hi,

Thanks for updating, the blue background with white Font seems great .

mathman
Science Advisor
There should be a "dictionary" to explain the symbols. N, NR, various icons near the right end of the entries.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
There should be a "dictionary" to explain the symbols. N, NR, various icons near the right end of the entries.

If you hover the cursor over the simple its definition appears.