Meet other PFers: How Many Have You Met? - PF Meetup Count

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Count
In summary, six other PFers live in the Pacific Northwest. One has met you in person, one has talked on the phone, and four others have met online. You are interested in going to Europe next year, and are open to meeting up with any of the other PFers there.
binzing
I'm curious as to know how many other PFers you've met in the real world?

My tally: 1 (OmCheeto)

Physics news on Phys.org
none.

5 I think (I'm sure someone will chime in if I left them off my list):
ZapperZ
Greg
Russ Watters
Gokul
SpaceTiger

(6 if you count the ex-boyfriend I got to join who then disappeared from the site after we broke up :uhh:)

Four - Tom Mattson, Cyrus, Clausius2, turbo-1

and I've talked by phone with others.

Just one - you know who.

One, nrqed, before either of us joined Physics Forums.

1 - Zoobyshoe.

I haven't met any so far! I haven't been as active as before either. I'm always up for a meet if it was close enough.

I'm open to do one in Niagara Falls or Toronto if anyone is around those areas or would like to come around this area.

We need a Euro PF gathering as well.

3:
Ivan Seeking
Integral
Kerrie (past mentor)

Yes you are in the Pac NW aren't you Janus? Perhaps next summer or the year after all of us will meet up at OCF and/or da Vinci Days.

Kurdt said:
We need a Euro PF gathering as well.

Are you inviting us?!

I'd like to go to Europe next year, so I'll definitely let PForums know. I plan on going to southern France. Are you anywhere there?

Note: I'm not doing that one country day kind of thing. I think it's ridiculous.

SpaceTiger is the only one I am aware of.

JasonRox said:
Are you inviting us?!

I'd like to go to Europe next year, so I'll definitely let PForums know. I plan on going to southern France. Are you anywhere there?

Note: I'm not doing that one country day kind of thing. I think it's ridiculous.

My sister lives there, in the Alliege district in the foot hill of the Pyreneees. She runs a sort of inn in this little chateau here:

http://www.montcru.com/

Andre said:
My sister lives there, in the Alliege district in the foot hill of the Pyreneees. She runs a sort of inn in this little chateau here:

That's a nice place!

Ah! It would be nice to go over there.

I'm nowhere near southern france.

I haven't met any of you yet, but I've only been here 4 months.

I'm about halfway between NYC and Philly, so that should be within reach of a few people here.

JasonRox said:
That's a nice place!

http://www.montcru.com

Ah! It would be nice to go over there.

Why not, the nearest international airport is Toulouse, about 60 kilometers, also Carcassonne is frequented by several European price fighter air liners. Excellent hiking area, beautiful views. Very interesting geology and archeology (cave painting area). This picture was taken over there:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1750439

Andre said:

Wow, beautiful! The valley view is especially nice. Did you take those photos?

2 - Zz & Moonbie

Until we all start tattooing "PF" on our foreheads, there's no way to know how many PFers I've met :tongue2: .

Likes gracy
lisab said:
Wow, beautiful! The valley view is especially nice. Did you take those photos?

No my brother in law also likes photography, but I'm planning to go again soon and try my new photo toys out there.

Copy paste this in the fly to window of Google Earth for the exact location. Unfortunately the resolution is low out there:

43 01.873' N, 001 22.45' E

Andre said:
No my brother in law also likes photography, but I'm planning to go again soon and try my new photo toys out there.

Copy paste this in the fly to window of Google Earth for the exact location. Unfortunately the resolution is low out there:

43 01.873' N, 001 22.45' E

Nice...looks like a great place to hike. Reminds me of California, where I grew up...the rolling hills, and the Mediterranean climate. Too much of it turns you into a weather wimp, though!

Love Google Earth! I could lose hours just poking around.

Kurdt said:
I'm nowhere near southern france.
Um - you're closer than I am. You could even walk there.

I would happily live in or near Montcru or Allieres or the Pyrnees. I wonder if I can defect to France. :biggrin:

Sure, Astro, there is only one problem: on ne parle pas une autre language que Française, et la dialecte Ariègeoise est terrible.

Last edited:
Oh, officialy two people actually, capslockroxx as well as Om, but it doesn't really count, I'm a friend of his and I sort of "recruited" him on here.

Anybody wanting to meet up in Las Vegas, let me know.

Math Is Hard said:
Anybody wanting to meet up in Las Vegas, let me know.

I wish: I really want to go to Vegas. Might have to wait a few years until I've got a real job and some real money, though!

Now that I think about it, (at least) two for me as well. Someone whom I recruited didn't stay that long.

Well, we ARE planning on an unofficial PF meeting at Walt Disney World this coming mid December, for anyone interested. :)

Zz.

Moonbear said:
5 I think (I'm sure someone will chime in if I left them off my list):
ZapperZ
Greg
Russ Watters
Gokul
SpaceTiger

(6 if you count the ex-boyfriend I got to join who then disappeared from the site after we broke up :uhh:)

I met Moonbear...didn't leave much of an impression though

ZapperZ said:
Well, we ARE planning on an unofficial PF meeting at Walt Disney World this coming mid December, for anyone interested. :)

Zz.

I'm sort of flying over Florida in December. :wink:

Redbelly98 said:
I haven't met any of you yet, but I've only been here 4 months.

I'm about halfway between NYC and Philly, so that should be within reach of a few people here.

im from central nj. very close to rutgers university.

JasonRox said:

me too

JasonRox said:
Yeah, and you and your GF drove past my house (about 2 miles away) probably at the standard PQ over-standard speed of 70 mph to get to the coast, so you could pretend to slow down. :rofl: