Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Members Awards! Vote Now!

1. Nov 28, 2004 #1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Woohoo! I got some of my votes in. I'll wait until some others vote in biology so it's not as obvious when I vote for myself. :rofl: I can't really vote on some since I don't inhabit those forums enough to know who does what there. And some are really tough choices! Don't feel bad anyone if I didn't vote for you, there are a LOT of close seconds in this race!

4. Nov 28, 2004 #3

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've voted for the catergories I'm famalir with and no I didn't vote for myself!

5. Nov 28, 2004 #4
    What happens to those who win? Tie? Are write-in candidates allowed? Any elgibility requirements? Any voting requirements? Did I just ask too many questions?

6. Nov 29, 2004 #5
    I just checked moonbear, you are winning 11 to 0. And didn't vote for yourself huh?

7. Nov 29, 2004 #6

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Moonbear is the bomb in biology.

8. Nov 29, 2004 #7

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Shades of Yanukhovich perhaps? :biggrin:

9. Nov 29, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! That's the advantage of being a biologist on a physics board. :biggrin: That, and trading votes with the people I'm running against in other categories. :wink: Last I checked, nobody thinks I'm funny. :cry: Then again, look who I'm running against there. I never had a chance. :rolleyes:

10. Nov 29, 2004 #9
    moonbear is the bomb period

11. Nov 29, 2004 #10
    ah, i didn't get nominated for anything... i suck... oh well I guess I will have to be better. hahaha thats always a good goal, be better.

Also how come mentors aren't up there... for example selfAdjoint deserves much praise for his help.

12. Nov 29, 2004 #11
    I am guessing these polls are just for fun then. :cool:

13. Nov 29, 2004 #12
    Because we know they'd win out all the categories :smile:

Send selfAdjoint a PM, he'll appreciate it.

14. Nov 29, 2004 #13
    No these polls decide who gets thrown into the volcano next year to appease the physics gods.

15. Nov 29, 2004 #14

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, and the "PF Funny Man" is first. :biggrin:

16. Nov 29, 2004 #15

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last year, we gave the winners special avatars (e.g., "physics expert 2003")

Hasn't really been an issue so far.

The mentors/admins make the nominations. No other special requirements. No write-ins, but you might be able to convince one of the admins to add another name.

Vote once per category. You don't have to vote in each category if you don't want to. Have fun.

Well, now you did. :wink:

17. Nov 29, 2004 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And tribby dearest, you're just the sh*t. :rofl:

Now, what was that bribe you requested? A home-baked ham?

18. Nov 29, 2004 #17
    I sorta like my avatar though. (assuming I win anything) Perhaps a little award thing like the 'homework helper' or 'science expert' award such as a '2004 guru award' might be better.... and we can collect those and have like '2004,2005,2007 guru' ?
    and then we'll have to explain why we did such a crappy job in 2006.... :confused:
    woosh!

19. Nov 29, 2004 #18

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, as long as you get a NOMINATION in 2006, all is fine, or what?

20. Nov 29, 2004 #19
    What title do i get if i don't get nominated?

Student-who-spends-all-his-time-on-physicsforums-bringing-up-and-answering-philosophical-questions-and-doesn't-get-nominated Of 2004?

:tongue2:

21. Nov 29, 2004 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Absolutely. For the small fee of US$25, you can even put it in your signature line. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?