Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug PF Mobile: I See ADs since upgrade

1. Dec 11, 2011 #1
    Ever since the recent upgrade, I see ads even though I am a paid member. Tried clearing safari cache to no avail. Using iOS 5.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2011 #2
    I'll fix it later tonight, thanks

4. Dec 16, 2011 #3

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I can still see ads on my iphone

5. Dec 18, 2011 #4
    Ditto.

6. Dec 29, 2011 #5
    Still see 'em. Happy New Year!

7. Jan 20, 2012 #6
    You still seeing them Ryan? I am.

8. Jan 29, 2012 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just used the mobile version last night and had a weird experience with ads. Once I was fully into the site, they went away, but after logging in, they didn't clear and the first menu page was horribly overlaid with an ad or ads, to the point of being unreadable. Once I randomly clicked to get off that page, the skin condition cleared up.

9. Jan 29, 2012 #8
    I have banner ads running across the header and footer of every page. Tried clearing cache and logging back in, but no such luck.

10. Jan 29, 2012 #9

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Yup I'm the same. Sometimes the way the page loads means that when I try to click on the PF banner it clicks the ad instead.

11. Feb 1, 2012 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I see them too. I didn't notice last time, but it's just as Ryan described. A pain to navigate in mobile view too. Any way to opt out and stay with normal view? I click the "normal" button and nothing happens. I'll explain more when not on the phone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook