PF mobile in opera issue

1. rock.freak667

rock.freak667 6,230
    Homework Helper

I've read the forum announcements and I see that there is now a PF mobile for the mobile version of browsers. However, is there any way for me to use Opera on my laptop and get the normal desktop version of the site back?

(Currently I am on my laptop seeing the mobile version of PF in Opera)

2. jcsd
  3. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

how about now?

4. rock.freak667

rock.freak667 6,230
    Homework Helper

5. jack action

jack action 822
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had the same problem.

Here's what I did:

• right-click a page while browsing the site and select "Edit site preferences"
    • select the "network" tab
    • At "browser identification", select "Identify as Firefox" (or any other that will work for you)
    • Reload the page

Every time you'll come back to that site (and that site only), Opera will present itself as the chosen browser. You won't need to ever think about it.

More info here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.00/en/network.html
    And here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.01/en/preferences.html#site

It happens often on websites that don't consider Opera when programming their pages. Too bad, because Opera is the best browser I ever used.

6. rock.freak667

rock.freak667 6,230
    Homework Helper

Thanks jack, that worked quite well.

7. Borek

Staff: Mentor

But obviously it is a systematic problem. I guess for some reason PF thinks Opera always means Opera mobile or mini Opera or whatever it is called. We have Opera installed on three computers, PF is not displayed correctly on neither of them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?