Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF North of England meetup.

1. Sep 16, 2005 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

(Ie. Brewnog, Icvotria and myself)

Better late than never, but I thought I'd wait to get the pictures up before I posted.
    Myself, Brewnog and Icvotria (anyone heard from her lately?) were all off to Leeds Festival for the weekend, so we thought while there, we should probably make an effort to meet up. It was great fun. We got rather drunk off overpriced lager, and watched The Queens of the Stoneage (Woo!), The Killers (words cannot express my loathing) and The Pixies (absolutely amazing!). As it turns out, Icvotria's band was playing on the unsigned stage, so I went to see them later on, and they were pretty damn good. Apparently Brewnog was there also, but I didn't see him for the crowd.

Photos:
    A pretty shot of the campground, and Brewnog, Icvotria, and her friend who's name escapes me
    Icvotria's band (with her in the back on bass), and the three of us.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2005 #2
    Bastards didn't invite me. Did you see NOFX play? The Pixies I saw at V last year. They stole the show, totally.

4. Sep 16, 2005 #3

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Were you there? You should have said so! I didn't even know you were North of English. I saw NOFX and they were terrible. I was pretty disappointed. The Pixies however were probably the best act of the whole weekend.

5. Sep 16, 2005 #4
    I'm in Durham and was supposed to be going with some mates. When they shafted me and went to Reading at the last minute I was left festival-less this year. NOFX no good, huh? Yeah, well I heard they sucked live.

6. Sep 16, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I guess my invitation was lost in the mail??? :devil: You guys were three of my favorite members. :cry:

7. Sep 16, 2005 #6
    Did you check out the Foos?

8. Sep 16, 2005 #7

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Why on earth would they want to go to Reading? Treacherous bastards!

Well, I was going to send you one, but then I realised I'm too much of a tight-ass to pay for postage to the states. I'd send you a big apology cake, but, well, the same problem applies really. :-p

9. Sep 16, 2005 #8

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I did. They were fantastic too. Dave Grohl just has such an amazing stage presence that most other musicians seem to lack. They had a pretty impressive laser show too :biggrin:

10. Sep 16, 2005 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There, there, Evo dear. We'll get even with them. We'll have our own PF meeting at WDW and not invite them!

:)

Zz.

11. Sep 16, 2005 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeah!!!! :devil: And we'll post our pictures and then they will regret skimping on postage. :devil:

12. Sep 16, 2005 #11
    Looks like you had such a great time!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?