PF NYE Party!

1. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Rock out the new year at PF! We'll have chat open all night/morning! Now, we need to figure out who is bringing what. We're gonna need a lot of booze, snacks and games! oh, and I'm opening the up the staff whirlpool to everyone :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. cristo

cristo 8,412
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Sounds good. I will probably pop in before it turns new year for most of your Americans, but I can't make any promises on sobriety!

4. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yay!!! Thanks Greg!! Kurdt will be bringing the Scotch and various brews from the UK. Perhaps Red Rum will pop in with some fine Dutch beer. I''l bring the hats and noise makers.

So for the "over the ponders" what time should we begin the merriment?

5. George Jones

George Jones 6,396
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll be home, so I'll check in, but my wife and I likely will watch a movie. I'm an hour east of Eastern, and my daughter will be up before seven on New Year's day, so I'll be in bed early.

Watching a movie every two weeks or so (a little more often during the holidays) is the only TV we watch. We usually watch mysteries, but, tentatively, we plan to watch ET. I think we're the only two people on the planet that have yet to see it

6. Evo

I've never watched ET.

7. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Me either, but I watched Up last week. It's a pretty good movie.

8. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll bring the chips and Ninfa's green sauce.

9. Evo

MIH is my best friend. :biggrin:

10. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,092
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

You know I'll be there. I keep wanting to get into the sherry but I guess I can wait. Beer will have to do for now. brb

11. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Hmm...what to bring? Chili relishes for the hot-heads, and milder green-tomato/jalapeno salsa for the wimps. Chips for dipping... I'd make my chili-marinaded grilled jumbo tiger shrimp, but there are too many PF'ers and I'm not wealthy.

12. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,092
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Jumbo tiger shrimp? :!!) I'll chip in. Can you make it cajun please?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  13. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

I'd have to tone it down to do Cajun. They are so hot, my cousin's cheeks and forehead get flushed, but they are so good that she won't stop eating them until they're gone. If they don't raise a sweat on your scalp, I screwed up and made them too mild.

14. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,092
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Okay hot is fine. I have plenty of beer and tums. BTW I found a place that sell/sold Molson Gold; they were out. I will find some somewhere.

15. ~christina~

~christina~ 824
    Gold Member

Ooo I just watched up a few days ago. I loved it!
    Dug is the cutest dog. :smile:

16. Evo

I want shrimp scampi. Wait, who's bringing the champagne? Can't have a New Year's party without champagne!!

17. Astronuc

Black-eyed peas are required.

18. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,092
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

19. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thank goodness you remembered! My Vietnamese friend finally got me to try a dessert that is made with blackeyed peas (Chè đậu trắng). I really had to get my courage up before taking a bite - it wasn't bad, though. The peas are mixed with rice and coconut milk, so you really only taste coconut.

It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

20. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just so I know what to bring, will the whirlpool/hottub be with or without bathing suits for the party? :uhh:

I have pomegranate vodka to make pomegranate martinis. I can make the rum drinks too.

21. Evo

I'm afraid there may be no New Year's Evo this year, I know everyone Sunday was looking forward to New Year's Evo, but I don't think I'll be joining. Hope the rest of you have a great time!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?