Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Pet Peeves!

1. Jul 5, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Mine are just about GD:
    1.you're during a hot discussion with someone and your favorite thread's suddenly closed!because someone doesn't care the rules of PF.
    2.Some super mentors are off even when they're on!
    3.there is no serious subject for some members like myself and there is no funny subject fr some people,too.
    4.most of replies to a thread are unrelative to the original post.
    5.we don't have some of our favorite smilies!
    6. multi user smily :tongue2: !the ugliest smily as a cool :cool: !
    7.some people have no pet peeve!
    8.the lack of my favorite members! :wink:
    9.too long usernames!
    (10.misspelling some words like coz/cos as because!)

what I mentioned,makes here wonderful! :wink:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2005 #2
    people saying "You have no idea..."

4. Jul 5, 2005 #3
    I think my only pet peeve on just about any forum is when I find a thread where someone got out of control and whom I'd like to give a piece of my mind but I find it's already been locked. :devil:
    I'm sure it's better that way though lol.

5. Jul 5, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Worse for me is when I read all the way through a bunch of long replies and don't realize it's locked until I go to post a reply. Those light red lines on the green beakers just don't catch my attention (and I still haven't figured out why sometimes locked threads have that icon, and sometimes they have a padlock on them...I prefer the padlocks, I don't miss those).

Oh, BTW, Lisa!, anyone who is a contributor can wander around in what I call stealth mode (be invisible)...that's where the little green light stays off even when you're online. It's fun sneaking up on people. :biggrin:

6. Jul 5, 2005 #5
    maybe its just me... but i don't like when people post a ton, its annoying, and it makes less frequent posters seem... i duno... even less frequent... i even try to refrain from posting too much, because i also can't stand hypocrites...

7. Jul 5, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I'll try to avoid annoying you. :biggrin: If it's any consolation, those of us who post a lot can do so because we live otherwise boring lives. :frown:

8. Jul 5, 2005 #7
    hehehe, ok, well, having tons of posts isn't always terrible. mostly its tons of completely useless, senseless, or otherwise annoying posts... you know? like, people who just post for the sake of posting...

sides, posts from interferring aunts don't annoy me anyways... you just get so used to ignoring them... "yes auntie... ok.... mhmmm..."

9. Jul 5, 2005 #8
    I have the same problem. I sit here at work with little to do aside from talking to people here or on other sites.
    I'll try to refrain from posting too much Gale. I don't think I do really though I know I tend to post more than you do.

10. Jul 5, 2005 #9
    arrrrg, ok, you know what else is annoying?? people thinking that they're the ones who post too much... when really, the people i'm thinking of in particular, will probably never get the hint!

11. Jul 5, 2005 #10
    LOL!! sorry... :redface:

12. Jul 5, 2005 #11
    gosh, now there's an insightful post.... way to not suck!

13. Jul 5, 2005 #12
    If you're gonna try to make me walk a plank for that one then you'd better be ready for fight lass. :devil:
    I have me zombie army from Haiti on stand by.... and there's no zombie smiley!! Add that to my list of pet peeves! :tongue:

14. Jul 5, 2005 #13
    ya right.... you hide behind that monkey you! way to take the thread way off topic too! hmm... on that note...

15. Jul 5, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ahh...not just posting a lot, but posting a lot of stuff without saying anything. Gotcha! :wink:

:grumpy: 'sides (<--see, I'm learning your lingo :tongue2:), I'm only teasing you and whozum. Real meddling is annoying. :rolleyes:

16. Jul 5, 2005 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

#people who write alot in a single post!(honestly I usually don't read them!) :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
    #impolite members who say "shut up,stupid..." :wink: but of course these 2 examples are their most polite words!(for sure they say how high-strung she is! :grumpy: )
    #people who are so knowledgable about everything and of course opinionated
    about their ideas! :devil:
    #people who force me to stay here for a long time :wink:
    #people with ugly avatar
    #people who always want to say the last word in every conversation even if their last words would be "you're right" or "thanks"!
    the most important one#people who misunderstand you!

You're so generous!you've given half of your photo to the monkey and you even want to give a piece of your mind to the threads.most of threads really need it because there is no thought in the subject,replies...(3 and 4 :biggrin: )

17. Jul 5, 2005 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lisa, I am just curious - where do you live and what languages do you speak other than English?

18. Jul 5, 2005 #17
    Geeze Gale she already said sorry, you don't have to pound it into her :rofl:

19. Jul 5, 2005 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

#people who are so curious and want to know about my private life! :wink:
    (I know my En is so terrible :cry: no need to mention!and I do apologize if it's impossible to understand me most of time! :blushing: )

20. Jul 5, 2005 #19

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Unconventional spelling and punctuation makes reading posts more difficult for me. That's the only pet peeve that I can think of- and it's not even a serious one. People making unsupported claims, i.e. passing off their 'mere' opinions or beliefs as undisputed facts, really bothers me, but that's much more than just a pet peeve.

21. Jul 5, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Wow you must hate me...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?