Common Griefs of a Forum: Dealing with the Rules

In summary, some people on this forum don't care about the rules of polite conversation. There is no serious subject for some members, and there is no funny subject for some people. Most replies to a thread are unrelated to the original post. We don't have some of our favorite smilies, and some people have no pet peeve. The lack of my favorite members is also a problem.
# I can't stand :tongue: :redface: :mad: :cool: !
#site managers who are too busy to waist their time in PF!
#the lack of silly and funny threads recently
#members who suddenly disappear and we never know what happens to them! :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
Ah! A quaint English custom. Don't forget - thrown to the dogs.

Yes sir, we only have a few these days, and the crimes requiring this punishment are getting less and less, shooting a Robin only gets you
50 lashes now, but nicking bee orchids is still in at number 17.

Lisa! said:
and you can't explain more,can you?

I dunno, you might take it as a safe assumption. I mean i can think of you being an anglic type of girl, but it's usually the opposite that attracts male interest, as I'm sure you already know.

If you consider this an offending remark, then I'm sorry and i apologize :redface:

Daniel.

Lisa! said:
9.too long usernames!
short usernames

Just as much as she dislikes green looking avatars, i feel the same about using "!" inside the username. :tongue: :redface: :mad: :cool:

Daniel.

P.S.I almost forgot : :tongue: :redface: :mad: :cool:

dextercioby said:
I dunno, you might take it as a safe assumption. I mean i can think of you being an anglic type of girl, but it's usually the opposite that attracts male interest, as I'm sure you already know.

If you consider this an offending remark, then I'm sorry and i apologize :redface:

Daniel.
Come on!Feel free to say whatever you like.
Idon't care what men like or dislike in general.I just do what I like.you know when I'm talking to women,I'm always careful not to upset them but I'm comfortable with men.You know most of them even persuade me to be like this.it's sometimes bad esp. when I'm too tired to argue with them but they expect me to do!

dextercioby said:
Just as much as she dislikes green looking avatars, i feel the same about using "!" inside the username. :tongue: :redface: :mad: :cool:

Daniel.

P.S.I almost forgot : :tongue: :redface: :mad: :cool:
! :wink:

hmmm...

Lisa! said:
Come on!Feel free to say whatever you like.

Okay. I like giving massage.

Daniel.

Lisa! said:
! :wink:

Okay. :tongue: You're speecheless as in deep shock. :mad: I hope you'll be ok pretty soon. I've been there, too, so i know it sucks to have nothing to say. :redface:

:cool:

Daniel.

Daniel,because you're leaving us I don't mind to be nice to you :approve: ,I never told you I hate green looking avatars.In fact,the only think which I like about your avatar is its green color.
and about "!":when I wanted to register I thought Lisa was already taken,so I added "!" to it!what do you think of Lisa@,Lisa$,Lisa*,Lisa? :yuck:

Lisa! said:
Daniel,because you're leaving us I don't mind to be nice to you :approve: ,I never told you I hate green looking avatars.In fact,the only think which I like about your avatar is its green color.
and about "!":when I wanted to register I thought Lisa was already taken,so I added "!" to it!what do you think of Lisa@,Lisa$,Lisa*,Lisa? :yuck:

At least she is not a moan a Lisa

Lisa! said:

Nope, but "Lisa " sounds terribly tempting. :tongue2: I see, so if i wasn't leaving, you wouldn't have been nice to me ? Well, thank you anyway, you can be yourself, there's no point in being nice to me, if you don't really feel like it.

Daniel.

Last edited:
hehe...moan a lisa...

dextercioby said:
Okay. :tongue: You're speecheless as in deep shock. :mad: I hope you'll be ok pretty soon. I've been there, too, so i know it sucks to have nothing to say. :redface:

:cool:

Daniel.
No smarty!I'm visiting another site just right now and we're playing "say sth about the person above you" and all of them just say "Lisa! loves or likes her exclamation mark!" ...

hmmm...i think we attempted that game...

Take care Dexter, remember the draw of sirens.

There ain't no person above me right now, just the damn ceiling. :cry:

So I'm speechless too. :tongue2:

Daniel.

..."aint no"...

# Silent hours in GD esp. on weekends!