Photo Contest - Alphabets Association (4/21-4/27)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "Alphabets Association" and is open for submissions from April 21st to April 27th. Anyone can participate, regardless of age or location, and can submit up to 3 photos. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity and originality, and will be announced on April 30th.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Alphabets Association

... or AA! :)

We have had contests on the Alphabets where each photo posted must have a theme in sequence with the alphabets. We also had separate contests on photo association, where subsequent photo must have a clear association with the previous on.

In this contest, we will combine the two!. The first photo must have a clear theme that starts with the letter "A". The second photo must have a clear theme that starts with the letter "B", AND, it must also have a clear association with the previous photo.

This should be a very fun challenge!Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
IMGA0746.JPG

An Alligator.

Attachments

• IMGA0746.JPG
    IMGA0746.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 402
boat---1.jpg

A Boat.

Attachments

• boat---1.jpg
    boat---1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 416
upload_2018-4-21_13-19-22.png

A City on the water, seen from the Staten Island Ferry

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-21_13-19-22.png
    upload_2018-4-21_13-19-22.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 416
Likes QuantumQuest
Wrichik Basu said:
An Alligator.
I have a nice picture of me running out of the water at the end of a triathlon swim, and was going to post it as Boogie! But alas it was a picture OF me and not BY me. Missed opportunities... :oops:

Likes LLD1231
LLD1231 said:

@LLD1231 : while it is a photo with a "D" starting letter, I do not see the association of this photo with the previous photo. Please respond ASAP so that the contest may continue one way or the other.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
@LLD1231 : while it is a photo with a "D" starting letter, I do not see the association of this photo with the previous photo. Please respond ASAP so that the contest may continue one way or the other.

Zz.

She's diving toward a lake. Does that help? If not, I'll delete it.

LLD1231 said:
She's diving toward a lake. Does that help? If not, I'll delete it.

No, it is not obvious based on the photo. So it does not qualify.

The next letter is still “D”.

Zz.

the Dome of the city's railroad terminal (built in 2001)
cf38025e_o.jpg

Attachments

• cf38025e_o.jpg
    cf38025e_o.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 348
"Chrome Dome" Eagle. :biggrin:

chrome.dome.eagle.png

Bald Eagle​

"Chrome dome" is an American idiom for someone who is "bald". Usually human.

Attachments

• chrome.dome.eagle.png
    chrome.dome.eagle.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 392
Likes berkeman, phinds, BillTre and 1 other person
Gosh, this is getting more and more difficult !

There appears to be a Forest in the background of the previous post

DSCF6425sm.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6425sm.jpg
    DSCF6425sm.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 355
Likes AlexCaledin
I'm going to play off the green color of the trees and do my "G" for Garden or Grass.

IMG_5191.JPG

Zz.

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 329
Likes AlexCaledin and davenn
Homegrown green herbs.

DSC00292.png

Maybe the chives count as almost grass.

Attachments

• DSC00292.png
    DSC00292.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Likes davenn and AlexCaledin
Final day to submit your photo for this challenging contest. We are now at the letter "I".

Zz.

What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Alphabets Association." Participants are encouraged to take creative photos that incorporate letters of the alphabet in some way.

How long is the photo contest open for submissions?

The photo contest is open for submissions from April 21st to April 27th. Any entries submitted after this time will not be considered.

Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone with a passion for photography and a creative eye. There are no age or location restrictions.

How many photos can I submit?

Participants are allowed to submit up to 3 photos for the photo contest. Any additional photos will not be considered.

How will the winner be selected?

The winner will be selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and how well the photo incorporates the theme of "Alphabets Association." The winner will be announced on April 30th.