Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Churches & the like (jan 10th-17th)

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Churches & the like

Churches, chapels, synagogues, mosques, temples etc... Any photos of places of worship.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2009 #2
    YUP! Cape May, NJ again. On the mall.
    [​IMG]

4. Jan 12, 2009 #3
    [​IMG]

5. Jan 12, 2009 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Jan 12, 2009 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Funny, Marzena took almost identical picture from almost the same place two years ago :smile:

7. Jan 12, 2009 #6

drizzle

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  8. Jan 12, 2009 #7

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Weird. I must have taken this four or five years ago, can't quite remember the location I was shooting from though! Great minds eh.

9. Jan 12, 2009 #8
    hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  10. Jan 12, 2009 #9

Borek

11. Jan 12, 2009 #10
  12. Jan 12, 2009 #11

Borek

No, it is not Abu Dhabi mosque. It is different mosque and in different country. I think i know where it is, but you should know better.

13. Jan 12, 2009 #12

matthyaouw

Gold Member

This is not your image, is it?

http://www.aidan.co.uk/photo7876.htm

14. Jan 12, 2009 #13

Borek

Wow, how similar. I thought it is a Rustaq Mosque.

15. Jan 12, 2009 #14
    I agree Matthyaouw, what a shame.

16. Jan 12, 2009 #15
  17. Jan 12, 2009 #16
    These are beautiful pictures, but really exciting to see cause my family is from just outside the city of Prague and I have never been there. My grandma spoke Bohemian. Her and I use to polka around the living room. That's she said what they did back home. She said I was a little bohunk. Do they still say that?

18. Jan 12, 2009 #17

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

[​IMG]

Here's mine.

I had another good one too! Perfect for the previous competition but I missed it.

19. Jan 13, 2009 #18

~christina~

Gold Member

I knew that the moon had to be pasted in since there is almost no way a moon can show it's details at night without underexposing everything else on the ground, and also the fact that if you timed the exposure to show the Mosque, the moon would be overexposed and show a blur, since it would be constantly moving.

20. Jan 13, 2009 #19
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  21. Jan 13, 2009 #20

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

[​IMG]

A great Cathederal, but the lens was a bit dirty, I think.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?