Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Photo Contest - Food (May 7-May 14)

1. May 7, 2006 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

FOOD

Any pictures of food or food-related. The central focus of your picture must be about food.

Constest Rules:

1. Any digital photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a grey area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, and there's a limit in a single thread to the number of poll options I can do, I will do the polling in more than one threads. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that YOU TOOK, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2006 #2
    egg

[​IMG]

4. May 7, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wow, I would have never thought of that, that's a great picture detta!

5. May 7, 2006 #4

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. May 7, 2006 #5

Evo

Ok, I can tell this contest is going to be as impossible to vote on as the last one.

7. May 7, 2006 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm going to try and get Evo's vote with this one. This is the chocolate carousel at Disney's Beach Club resort. :)

[​IMG]

Zz.

8. May 7, 2006 #7

Evo

Ooooh. :!!)

9. May 8, 2006 #8
    Berry Good!

[​IMG]

10. May 8, 2006 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

I could take a picture of the school's food but I think some people might throw up...

11. May 8, 2006 #10

Mk

One of my friends took this picture, I saved it:
    [​IMG]

I didn't take the picture, but I put it up so you could look!

12. May 8, 2006 #11

Mk

Here's a picture I took last year around this time in the supermarket.

[​IMG]

Guam is the largest consumer of spam per capita in the world. Half of the cars have bumper stickers that say "I love Spam" (with a heart instead of love).

13. May 8, 2006 #12

Mk

Larkspur, it is so awesome. Its got my vote so far. Can that kind species of blueberry be identified?

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  14. May 9, 2006 #13
    Thanks Mk! I will have to check the tag on the bush when I get home to see which variety it is.

15. May 9, 2006 #14
    Mk- They are from my Elliott variety blueberry bushes (last year's crop).

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  16. May 10, 2006 #15
  17. May 10, 2006 #16

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

18. May 10, 2006 #17
    Strawberry top
    [​IMG]

19. May 10, 2006 #18

Tsu

Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Had I known I would use this in competition, I would have been a little more artistic in my presentation :biggrin: so - imagine the Tillamook Ice Cream on the top shelf arranged on a lovely black countertop in a stacked semi-circle with the Dryers Dreamery Ice Cream from the bottom shelf arranged somewhat haphazardly in front of and to the sides of the Tillamook. An open container of Dryers Dreamery Deep Dish Apple Pie Ice Cream is arranged in the foreground with a decorative kitchen towel (for holding of container) and a spoon. :biggrin:

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  20. May 10, 2006 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ice cream and hot pockets? That's some food supply! Where's the frozen broccoli?

Every time I think of taking a photo, I eat the food first. :shy: I have a bowl with about 3 chocolate chips left in it. No...2....1....oh shucks, there goes another photo op. :rolleyes:

I considered taking a photo of my pantry, but I thought it might scare people. Then again, I could at least ask folks if they saw anything that looked like it could be combined into a whole meal in there. It would give carb counters nightmares...mostly flour, rice and pasta right now. :rofl:

21. May 10, 2006 #20

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That seems vaguely familiar?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?