Photo Contest - Isosceles Triangle (6/20-6/26)

In summary, an isosceles triangle is a type of triangle with two equal sides and two equal angles. To enter the photo contest, submit a photo of an isosceles triangle during the designated timeframe and follow all guidelines. Multiple photos can be submitted, but only one will be eligible for the prize. The contest is open to all ages and photography experience levels. The prize will vary and details can be found in the contest information.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Isosceles Triangle

The theme is simple enough. Your photo must have, as its main subject, objects with the geometric shape of one or more isosceles triangle.

The triangle shape, however, cannot be just a sketch, a drawing, or in a painting. It must be a physical shape of something.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes etotheipi
Physics news on Phys.org
obelisk cropped.jpg

Likes atyy and BillTre
##\mu_s\geq \dfrac{1}{2 \tan\theta}##

isosceles---1.jpg

Likes atyy, Ibix, berkeman and 1 other person
1592753622683.jpeg

Likes Pi-is-3, atyy, Wrichik Basu and 7 others
IMG_0363.jpg

McDonalds - Sydney Airport

Likes Rubidium_71 and atyy
WNDBiXQ.jpg

Likes berkeman, atyy and BillTre
IMG_20200622_140723.jpg
IMG_20200622_140723.jpg

Likes atyy, berkeman and BillTre
Final few hours to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

DSCN1760.JPG

Likes Rubidium_71, BillTre and atyy
2013-09-23 - 021 - Isosceles Pk W Face - IMG_3127 - annotated.jpg

Likes BillTre

1. What is an isosceles triangle?

An isosceles triangle is a type of triangle that has two sides of equal length. The third side, called the base, can be a different length. The angles opposite the equal sides are also equal.

2. How do you identify an isosceles triangle?

An isosceles triangle can be identified by its two equal sides and the two equal angles opposite those sides. You can also use the Pythagorean Theorem to determine if a triangle is isosceles by checking if the square of one side is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

3. What are some real-life examples of isosceles triangles?

Some common examples of isosceles triangles in real life include the roofs of houses, the shapes of banners and flags, and the sails of sailboats. The shape of the Eiffel Tower is also made up of isosceles triangles.

4. How can I use an isosceles triangle in a photo for the contest?

You can use an isosceles triangle in your photo in a variety of ways. You could capture a natural object or landscape that is in the shape of an isosceles triangle, or you could create an isosceles triangle using objects in your photo. Be creative and think outside the box!

5. Can I edit my photo for the contest?

Yes, you can edit your photo for the contest as long as it still clearly showcases an isosceles triangle. However, please make sure to only use your own original content or content that you have the rights to use.