PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White (2/24-3/2)

In summary, the theme for this week's photo contest is black and white/grayscale. Members are allowed to modify a color picture into black and white or grayscale, but no other modification of the picture is allowed. The contest rules are: 1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first. 2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification
Ben and Sam

Benandsam.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Chi Meson said:
Benandsam.jpg

:rofl: I LOVE IT! It looks like he's about to write 'ben' in the snow.

cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: I LOVE IT! It looks like he's about to write 'ben' in the snow.

:rofl: Leave it to a guy to notice that. And here, I was just thinking that he's going to get some social worker all in a tizzy with that and will be getting a knock on his door shortly. :uhh:

scorpa said:
I had a tough time choosing between this picture or the picture that would have been my entry for bridge over troubled water. As I posted the bridge picture in the disqualified thread I figured I would go with this one as at least it is new.

SheilaBW.jpg

I LOVE THIS!:!)

Math Is Hard said:
I LOVE THIS!:!)

Thank you MIH, I was very lucky to get a shot that good of her. She is a pure bred German Shepherd, abour 12 years old now and unfortunately her age is catching up with her.

scorpa said:
I had a tough time choosing between this picture or the picture that would have been my entry for bridge over troubled water. As I posted the bridge picture in the disqualified thread I figured I would go with this one as at least it is new.

SheilaBW.jpg
What a cutie! :tongue2: Beautiful picture. I love the expression on her face. When I see an animal focusing like that, I can't help but wonder - what is he or she thinking.

Astronuc said:
When I see an animal focusing like that, I can't help but wonder - what is he or she thinking.

"Who made that yellow snow?"

:biggrin:

Zz.

Chi Meson said:
Benandsam.jpg
Hey Chi, starting your kids on Sam Adams pretty early, eh?

I agree with Cyrus, it does look like he's preparing to write in the snow. Either that, or he worships trees. :rofl:

cyrusabdollahi said:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8238/iranyp1.png
[/URL]
Hey Cyrus, very cool. Where is that? I am guessing Iran, but it could easily be Syria or Egypt.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
"Who made that yellow snow?"

:biggrin:

Zz.
We have a dog too.

Anyone living in the snow belt with a dog is familiar with yellow snow and poopsicles. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:

I agree with Cyrus, it does look like he's preparing to write in the snow. Either that, or he worships trees. :rofl:
Gotta water the lemon tree... (if you've seen The World's Fastest Indian, you know.) :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
Gotta water the lemon tree... (if you've seen The World's Fastest Indian, you know.) :biggrin:

I missed that movie :cry: I keep meaning to rent it, I've heard it's pretty good!

scorpa said:
I missed that movie :cry: I keep meaning to rent it, I've heard it's pretty good!
It's based on a true story - keep that in mind when you watch the DVD. :wink:

Astronuc said:
What a cutie! :tongue2: Beautiful picture. I love the expression on her face. When I see an animal focusing like that, I can't help but wonder - what is he or she thinking.

I took that picture quite some time ago but if I remember right the other dog was at the other end of the driveway and she was getting ready to take after him.

scorpa said:
. . . . and she was getting ready to take after him.
Even dogs are not immune to that guy/girl tension. :rofl:

Oh, what the hey... here's mine.

img0814to1.jpg

Zz.

That's a fairly depressing picture ZapperZ. Beautiful, but oddly depressing.

Yes, I can do "depressing" when I feel like it.

:)

Zz.

Astronuc said:
Hey Cyrus, very cool. Where is that? I am guessing Iran, but it could easily be Syria or Egypt.

Your first guess was correct. :wink:

Astronuc said:
Just to make it clear, 2-year-old Benny was NOT given a full bottle. In fact, I can personally attest, and I will swear to this in any DCF proceedings, the bottle was not even half full!

And also, to put your worries further to rest, Benny wandered home LESS than two hours later. He's a very responsible young man.

Last edited:
You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest, if you dare! So far, all the pictures have been outstanding, so this promises to be another difficult contest to vote on.

Zz.

alex caps said:
http://bikeflat.com/albums/Bike-Stuff/black_and_white.sized.jpg
[/URL]

Checked out your website. You got some great skills.

marlon

Last edited by a moderator: