PF PHOTO CONTEST - Orange (11/3-11/9)

In summary: Dutch do know how to party. I was there with Queen's Night, but I'm sure the day itself is great.Zz.In summary, the conversation was about the theme of "Orange" for a photo contest. Participants were reminded of the rules, including resizing and cropping photos, only one submission per person, and using their own original photos. Several photos were shared, including an orange vase, a rose, hunting gear, habaneros, q-tips, and Queen's Day celebrations in the Netherlands. The contest deadline was also mentioned.
img6450eq8.jpg

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
You may not know about the laser beam and the disintegration ray, but you sure found the "impressionist" imaging button.
I wonder if I could find some billionaire who would by the image for $10 million. I'll even sign it for no extra charge. :biggrin: :rofl:

ZapperZ said:
img6450eq8.jpg

Zz.
Oh where could that be as if I couldn't guess! :biggrin:

This orange theme is brilliant! I doubt I'll be able to vote on this one, because the choices are already too difficult.

Astronuc said:
Nice collection of books. I have several and I see others I need to get - like that orange one. :biggrin:

Thanks, the orange one is pretty interesting. Also Thorne's GR is fascinating. I'm saving it for the "black" contest. :smile:

waht said:
Thanks, the orange one is pretty interesting. Also Thorne's GR is fascinating. I'm saving it for the "black" contest. :smile:
Gravitation by Misner, Thorne and Wheeler is a classic!

http://slider142.info/images/Offsite/2007Oct14_0133_small.jpg
Took this last month when picking out a pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that no one's yet taken a picture of one of the many Orange Counties in the U.S.. *hint, hint* :biggrin:

neutrino said:
I'm surprised that no one's yet taken a picture of one of the many Orange Counties in the U.S.. *hint, hint* :biggrin:

I'm surprised no one has a picture of oranges!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm surprised no one has a picture of oranges!

Zz.
That'd be too clichéd.

slider142 said:
It's scary how much your bookshelf looks like mine. I'm only missing 3 of those books. D:

Yea, it's scary. They just keep piling up don't they? I'm running out of space on the bookshelf already.

neutrino said:

One of those counties was on fire.

My nephew lives in San Diego County, but that place was sufficiently orange recently to qualify for this thread.

1911982811_5d2dfc0d74_o.jpg

Fireworks. The only orange thing I could seem to find.

You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest. We have a large number of submission this time, so join in the fun if you haven't already.

Zz.

Funny, I expected this to be a more challenging thread that wouldn't get so many entries. It's a fun surprise to see how many interpretations of orange folks have come up with (and indeed, that none of them were of oranges!). The voting is going to be impossible!

Moonbear said:
It's a fun surprise to see how many interpretations of orange folks have come up with (and indeed, that none of them were of oranges!).

Actually, mine is an "Orange"... Otto the Orange. :cool:

The tools of the trade
toolsofthetrade.jpg

robphy said:
Actually, mine is an "Orange"... Otto the Orange. :cool:

I meant an actual orange, not a stuffed orangeman. :biggrin: :uhh:

flowercloseup2copy.jpg

Spoon on an orange tablecloth reflecting a woven wicker ceiling.

Picture379.jpg

We are going to need about three voting threads!
Man, these are some great pictures!

I have no idea how I'm going to pick which ones to vote for. There are just too many good photos.

Moonbear said:
Wow, I'd heard about the Queen's Day parties in the Netherlands, but had never seen a picture to grasp the full impact of the scale of the party on the boats. I'm surprised some of those boats are still floating with the number of people on them! :bugeye:
Just after I took that, one of the Amsterdam canal tour boats tried to get through -- they're about 40ft long! Suffice to say, it didn't go down too well with the revellers who jumped from their boats to board (and moon) it :biggrin: