Photo Contest - Takeout/Delivery (4/11-4/17)

In summary, the purpose of this photo contest is to promote support for local restaurants by ordering takeout or delivery and to showcase individuals' experiences and support for small businesses. To enter, participants must submit their photo on social media using the designated hashtag and following the contest rules. Multiple photos can be submitted, but only one entry per person is eligible to win. The photo contest is open to anyone who supports the theme and rules, but some contests may have specific eligibility requirements. The winner will be chosen based on judges' discretion and social media engagement, with some contests also having a voting system or panel of judges.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Takeout/Delivery

During this extraordinary time, dining at a restaurant has almost become a distant memory. But many eating establishments are still open for takeout and delivery.

So for this contest, the theme is on food that you obtained via takeout or delivery from restaurants. Show us your effort to support your local eateries by showing us photos of the food that you ordered to eat at home.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
takeout---1.jpg

Likes davenn and BillTre
(That's just so wrong. You should put a small table outside your door and wipe it down with antiseptic after each delivery. Just sayin') :wink:

• Haha
Likes BillTre
berkeman said:
(That's just so wrong. You should put a small table outside your door and wipe it down with antiseptic after each delivery. Just sayin') :wink:
Actually there is a round flower pot pedestal on which the food is to be placed. You can discern part of its oval reflection to the right of the top of the door handle. This is a staged photo with an empty box because I found that the reflection of my neighbor's house across the street underscores the loneliness of our isolation behind closed doors.

• Sad
Likes BillTre, fresh_42 and berkeman
kuruman said:
This is a staged photo with an empty box
Thank goodness! The ground (especially a walkway) is no place for food, especially boxes that then get put onto tabletops and counters. Sorry, it's just the medic in me coming out... :smile:

Likes BillTre
berkeman said:
Thank goodness! The ground (espcially a walkway) is no place for food, especially boxes that then get put onto tabletops and counters. Sorry, it's just the medic in me coming out... :smile:
Your point is very well taken. Did I mention the squirrels who frequent the tree that is reflected on the door? When I expect a food delivery, I watch out for it and bring it in immediately, usually handed directly into my gloved hands.

Likes berkeman
takeout essentials.jpeg

our only takeout order so far.

Likes berkeman
Indian food takeout from last night from our favorite Indian restaurant. They expressed their gratitude for our continued support of their place. I can only hope that they survive this ordeal.

IMG_3707.JPG

Zz.

Likes mathwonk, morrobay, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Indian food takeout from last night from our favorite Indian restaurant. They expressed their gratitude for our continued support of their place. I can only hope that they survive this ordeal.

View attachment 260836
Zz.
I envy you! :H Not a single restaurant among our preferred ones are open. In addition, in our capital, a pizza delivery boy tested positive and 72 families were placed under home-quarantine. So we decided against ordering food till this ordeal is over (or at least till the lockdown is in force).

• Wow
Likes BillTre

1. What is the purpose of the photo contest?

The purpose of the photo contest is to encourage people to support their local restaurants by ordering takeout or delivery during the specified time period. It also aims to showcase the creativity and diversity of these establishments through the submitted photos.

2. How do I enter the photo contest?

To enter the photo contest, simply take a photo of your takeout or delivery meal from a local restaurant and post it on social media with the designated hashtag. Make sure your post is set to public so that it can be viewed and considered for the contest.

3. Can I submit multiple entries?

Yes, you can submit multiple entries as long as they are different photos of meals from different local restaurants. However, each person is only eligible to win one prize.

4. Who is eligible to participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone of any age, as long as they are residing in the designated area where the contest is being held. Participants must also have a public social media account to enter.

5. How will the winners be chosen?

The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the creativity, quality, and representation of the theme in the submitted photos. The judging process will take place after the submission deadline and winners will be notified through social media.